No announcement yet.

Microsoft bans 600k XBL accounts in US & Canada

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Microsoft bans 600k XBL accounts in US & Canada

A conversation with a friend who works for a call center that handles an Xbox 360 account has yielded a disturbing truth: Microsoft has started its annual Xbox Live banning spree and it has disabled 600,000 accounts so far in the US and Canada.

The target of the banning spree are mainly people who have modified their consoles to play pirated games. My trusty source says that they have been given instructions to push for a million banned accounts by the time the holidays are over.

"Our office has gone to hell," says the source. "People have been calling in around the clock and most of them are screaming teen-agers who don't understand the terms of use that comes with the console they bought."

There you have it. If you're a big Mininova fan like GamerTotoy, stay away from Xbox Live until after Christmas to continue playing online.
    That's a lot of pissed 360 players.

It's time for them to make the best move... Get a Playstation 3!

Comment

"most of them are screaming teenagers who don't understand the terms of use that comes with the console they bought."

Comment

need xbox live gold membership. too drunk to go get one. will pay 50k

Comment

Tis true

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/technology/8354166.stm

Comment

lolololololol

Comment

ahha So that's why I got banned

Comment

I got banned for having mine modded..

Wasnt too arsed to be honest, Didnt really play it, just gt MW2 for the PC, by far the best for games... GOOD TIMES!!

Comment

Originally posted by Rooney_MUFC View Post
                  I got banned for having mine modded..

Wasnt too arsed to be honest, Didnt really play it, just gt MW2 for the PC, by far the best for games... GOOD TIMES!!
                  MW2 for PC is basically the same as the console version, all the advatages the PC version had have been taken away, dedicated servers, mod tools etc.

Comment

Working...
                  X