Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Some people call Davis the next Broner, but I think hes much more talented.

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by BoxingIsGreat View Post
    I disregarded the whole post as soon as I saw names like Walters and Linares We are so far apart that a discussion would be fruitless. I don't even think we have a single A fighter in all boxing right now. Not one. Some have a potential.

I consider people like Linares and Walters C-.

To each his own I guess.
    No that's fine because you have your own ratings scale. As long as you are consistent. To me Donaire and Rigo were the best guys at 122 and 126 during that era. Walters was the first to KO Donaire, and Donaire said he was just too big and too powerful. Loma made both Walters and Rigo quit after winning every round vs them, and Loma is a natural 126, in fact he's no bigger than Santa Cruz who fought at 122. Then the other best 126, GRJ, Loma won every round against.

So if you actually look at the best fighters of this era at Loma's natural weight/size, or just below, Loma f****ng fought all of them, won basically every single round, and made 2/3 of them quit on their stools. And then he moved up and kept doing his thing. So it's like what more do you want? I wasnt saying Walters is an ATG historical A-level talent, I was just saying he was an A-level guy in this era, undefeated, huge puncher, first to knockout a former P4P top 10 Donaire, only second to beat him, ripped body, very long reach, good handspeed great power, etc etc. He wasnt one of these career B-sides who lucks into a paper title by beating a past prime Paulie Malignaggi or something. He was talented enough to be an A-side on HBO, hyped up, he got a devastating KO in his big step up fight vs Donaire and looked like the boogeyman of 126, basically. Biggest, longest, most powerful guy at the weight, with good athleticism as well. But was he prime Mike Tyson? No. But he wasnt one of these low-risk paper titlists with no power and no threat and no advantages.

Comment

Originally posted by asgarth View Post
      we dont know it yet. Davis has a win against pedraza, that one is decent, but pedraza fought a stupid fight though lol.

Other than that, he really hasnt fought anyone, who could give him a test.

He currently does, what Broner did early in his career (minus the fight against Ponce De Leon): Smashing average and, in comparison, smaller opponents.
      Yeah I basically agree with you. Davis gets impressive stoppage wins but when you look at the opponents, you find out info like Javier Fortuna did it a round earlier, Berchelt did it two rounds later, vs the same opponent, etc etc.

If Tank fought Loma, I can already predict what I believe would happen. Tank would land a couple of nice shots the first two rounds, but Loma, being a much more proven opponent than anyone Tank has fought, and being in much better shape, would take them without wobbling, especially seeing as Pedraza took all Tank's shots until he gassed, and boy did he take a lot of them fighting like a fool like that.

So Tank would land a few nice, but ultimately meaningless, shots, early in the fight, but all around that and after that, I predict his defense would get completely exposed, and Loma would land 15 punches for every 1 Tank lands, and Tank would get beat up, tire out, and possibly quit or his corner would stop it, or he could get stopped because of his untested defense we just don't know.

But there's no question he's overhyped. I see the handspeed, the footspeed, the naturalness to his movements... he's clearly talented, but so is Javier Fortuna, so was Zab Judah. Those are good boxers, I'm sure Tank will be, at minimum, "good" too, but when comparing him to someone like Loma, there's also a lot about Tank's game that would be exposed in my opinion. So for Scipio to say he's well rounded. I mean, hes natural all around. Hes not Jamie Munguia. He can move his head etc. But he doesn't always move it to the right place lol... he's not as well rounded as he might look at first, in multiple ways. Floyd and Al know that even if Tank's fans don't. Otherwise, the fight would be happening, because the rewards of winning that fight at this point in time would be immense, especially for two guys who dislike Arum as much as they claim to.

Comment

The new hype job is always better than the last

Comment

broner was just as talented, both their talent relies on their power! I suspect tank to suffer a similar faith as broner if he can no longer cut alot of weight and be force to face oppennents more inline with his weight on fightnight.

Comment

The topic went from Tank is not as bad as Broner (sounds positive). To Tank is more like Judah ( sounds negative). Until you realize that they're practically the same. Both are talented, but didn't reach their full potential, because of problems inside and outside the ring. The topic ended with Tank resorts to fouling whenever he faces any adversity.

This was basically a thread to talk BS about Tank who happens to be the main potential rival to Lomachenko, who is probably the TS's favorite fighter.

Comment

Gervonta is being matched carefully. They're keeping him away of any fighter that has any kind of punch. Something tells me TMT knows something about Gervonta's chin.

We all know his defense is leaky so he's going to get hit.

Comment

I will have to see when he starts fighting people he doesn't have a size and strength advantage against. I can see the skill though.

Comment

Originally posted by BoxingIsGreat View Post
                  What elite fighter has Loma fought? Answer: None.
                  What the hell are you talking about man? If you don't think Walters, Rigo, and Linares are elite fighters then you have issues.

Comment

That fool Larry was saying the same about Broner back in the days.

Comment

He shouldn't be the "next" anyone. He's nearly 25, been a pro for 6 years and a 2x world champ. It's time he starts establishing himself.

He's in his mid 20's. No more excuses for him being young or green.

Comment

Working...
                      X