No announcement yet.

Hopkins has lost alot of muscle since the Tarver fight

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Barnburner View Post
    I just re-watched the Pavlik, Tarver and Pascal fights about a fortnight ago and it reminded me that people were saying he was going to get outsped and outfought and retire after said bout for years.
    Yup. I remember it even as far back as the Trinidad fight when Hopkins was 36 at the time, the general feeling was that he was "old" then, and that Trinidad's youth and power was going to dethrone him.

This **** has literally been going on for over a decade. And I agree with those who say it's become tiresome.

Comment

Originally posted by The_Bringer View Post
      Yup. I remember it even as far back as the Trinidad fight when Hopkins was 36 at the time, the general feeling was that he was "old" then, and that Trinidad's youth and power was going to dethrone him.

This **** has literally been going on for over a decade. And I agree with those who say it's become tiresome.
      Yeah I thought Trinidad would beat him aswell.

It's crazy he was 36 in that fight.

Comment

Originally posted by -Hyperion- View Post
        real fan...too bad Bad Chad will make you cry tonight....

If he does, so be it. It'll be a tough one to swallow, for sure, as I've been watching Hopkins do his thing since I was about 13, but oh well. He's had a legendary career, and nobody lasts forever.

That said, I got him to win by gritty SD in a pretty ugly scrap.

Comment

noticed as well, a lot of muscle mass

Comment

Originally posted by Larryx2011 View Post
            a 47 year old defending the lineal title name a bigger feat
            So exactly how old is bhop?

Comment

Muscles Don't Win Fights so who gives a fuk!

Comment

Originally posted by SpeedKillz View Post
                this must be like the 8th or 9th fight where everyone is concerned with hopkins age and "oh no is he getting old overnight"

bhops been around the game spanning 3 decades. im pretty sure he knows what hes doin in terms of selling the fight / mind games / tricks.

chad dawson cannot beat bernard. he just cant hes not good enough
                Bet all your points on it if you're so sure

Comment

Working...
                X