No announcement yet.

pinky knuckle issues

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• pinky knuckle issues

I have been stepping up my training the last six months and the last few I have been having alot of pain in my pinky knuckles. At first I thought i must not be turning over my hands properly but that does not seem to be the problem. One thing is I have been on the uppercut bag alot more. But in general I have just been punching alot more than in the past. Is it common to have pain in the pinky knuckles or am I doing something wrong. I only get pain at impact and if i bend my pinky like I was cracking my knuckle downward into hand. Any suggestions or anyone else experience this???

PS: i feel it the most when I connect with a hook.

Originally posted by danny stash View Post
    I have been stepping up my training the last six months and the last few I have been having alot of pain in my pinky knuckles. At first I thought i must not be turning over my hands properly but that does not seem to be the problem. One thing is I have been on the uppercut bag alot more. But in general I have just been punching alot more than in the past. Is it common to have pain in the pinky knuckles or am I doing something wrong. I only get pain at impact and if i bend my pinky like I was cracking my knuckle downward into hand. Any suggestions or anyone else experience this???

PS: i feel it the most when I connect with a hook.
    I got my left hand crushed.. My pinky knuckle split in half and the bone in my hand shattered. After surgery and 8 months of therapy i can never punch another bag or anything else.. Your lucky :[ But maybe you should go to the doc?????

Comment

Originally posted by jdubb863 View Post
      I got my left hand crushed.. My pinky knuckle split in half and the bone in my hand shattered. After surgery and 8 months of therapy i can never punch another bag or anything else.. Your lucky :[ But maybe you should go to the doc?????
      sorry to hear bud

Comment

you're actually supposed to make contact directly with the index and middle finger because it follows the main line of the forearm and is strongest. this is not to say that your ring and pinky fingers should not make contact too, but directly it should be 1 and 2, while 3 and 4 should make more of glancing contact

Comment

use proper technique when you shadow box.

Comment

Originally posted by Domain View Post

rofl...

whoever is in that video would get KO'ed in bout 20 seconds..

Looks like he is beating eggs at around 15 seconds to 21 seconds...

Who is that? I think I remember that video from awhile ago...

Comment

Obviously, a punch starts from the toe, and you want the wave of movement to travel into the knuckles, and you want the index and middle knuckles to connect because those two knuckles flow from a direct line straight up your arm which prevents injury. If boxing was touch boxing, I doubt anybody could touch me on that. I had a natural talent for touch boxing, but it took me dozen's upon dozen's upon dozen's of months to become a skilled fighter, and you still have to train relentlessly to maintain.

thats from Chris Eubank

Comment

well it starts from the toe, but ive read you shouldnt start their because you will telegraph the whole punch, but i guess it depends on the punch you throw.

I also have index knuckle problems, i thought it was technique, but its because of those punch outs, i did one for 15 minutes straight, all my knuckles hurt, but i still have index knuckle problems,

But im starting a recovery process, of hardening the knuckle by tapping it gently on to something hard, which will make the bone thicker. Maybe you should try it but gently.

Comment

Originally posted by Domain View Post

omg i remeber that hahahahahah, hes knocking on a door

Comment

aim at the target with your middle to ring knuckles, you must be turning your wrist in slightly on impact, I broke the right knuckle last year and it took a while to get used to the difference, but as i do it recreationally its not that big aan issue, for you id prob go see a doctor if it keeps up.

Comment

Working...
                    X