Collapse
No announcement yet.

Miranda: "Taylor's a Terrible Fighter"

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Miranda doesn't want Jermain. Defiently not now.

Comment

Originally posted by jai mari078 View Post
      I'm not even a Calzaghe fan but from what I have seen from Taylor in the last four fights he just doesn't have it. Say what you want about Calzaghe, but he hasn't lost as long as he has for a reason. I just think he is to good of a boxer and too technically sound. If he couldn't hurt Ouma he sure isn't gonna hurt Calzaghe.
      I agree. I think Joke Calzaghe would dominate Taylor. Taylor is raw, but what gets him by is his natural athleticism and size. At 168, he will be fighting a man his sized with more skill. I don't think Taylor's natural ability will be enough...

Comment

Originally posted by Gunstar1 View Post
        I guess you have never seen the Robin Reid fight which most British fans thought Calzaghe lost, many though Calzaghe was rewarded a gift against Reid, after seeing the fight, I agree!
        Ok that still has nothing to do with how he would do against Taylor. Taylor has many flaws and apparently doesn't carry that much of a punch ifhe couldn't put Ouma down with that many clean shots, and he was much bigger and stronger. Calzaghe is an excellent technical fighter as was Hopkins and Winky. Apparently he doesn't fare well against guys that can box and are technically sound. Don't get me wrong I would love to see Calzaghe get his ass kicked, I just don't think Taylor could be the one to do it. I'm not saying that Taylor isn't a good fighter, I just don't think he is elite and doesn't have that something that sets him apart from the rest. He should have been able to show that by now. I could have given hinm the benefit of the doubt against Hop and Winky, but he should have been able to win more impressively against Ouma. Ouma was Taylor made for him. Ouma was a lot smaller, comes straight forward and gets hit a lot, and he still couldn't win impressively. Winning the way he did was not impressive. He did what he was suppose to do being the much bigger man, and he still couldn't put him down or knock him out. If anything it was a morale victory for Ouma to stand in with Taylor for 12 rounds and lose a decision and not go down once.

Comment

Originally posted by += El Jefe=+ View Post
          keep talking about the rippuh like that you and your pets will be hurt.....
          ill take my chances buddy

Comment

Ok that still has nothing to do with how he would do against Taylor. Taylor has many flaws and apparently doesn't carry that much of a punch ifhe couldn't put Ouma down with that many clean shots, and he was much bigger and stronger. Calzaghe is an excellent technical fighter as was Hopkins and Winky. Apparently he doesn't fare well against guys that can box and are technically sound. Don't get me wrong I would love to see Calzaghe get his ass kicked, I just don't think Taylor could be the one to do it. I'm not saying that Taylor isn't a good fighter, I just don't think he is elite and doesn't have that something that sets him apart from the rest. He should have been able to show that by now. I could have given hinm the benefit of the doubt against Hop and Winky, but he should have been able to win more impressively against Ouma. Ouma was Taylor made for him. Ouma was a lot smaller, comes straight forward and gets hit a lot, and he still couldn't win impressively. Winning the way he did was not impressive. He did what he was suppose to do being the much bigger man, and he still couldn't put him down or knock him out. If anything it was a morale victory for Ouma to stand in with Taylor for 12 rounds and lose a decision and not go down once.
            First of all Calzaghe's defense is not as good as Hopkins or Wright, Calzaghe also does have many flaws just like Taylor, you need to watch some of Calzaghe's fights before you turn him into some super technical boxer.

Taylor does fare well against great boxers, he has 2 wins over Hopkins and a draw against Wright.

You say Taylor was not impressive againt Ouma, I guess Taylor winning 10 to 12 rounds is not impressive enough.

This is boxing styles makes fights, Lacy dominated Reid, Calzaghe dominated Lacy and Calzaghe lost to Reid in many people's opinion.

I'm not saying Taylor will dominate Calzaghe, but after seeing both fight more then once, I will favor Taylor in the fight, as for Miranda I think he's another Lacy type of a guy, who will get overhyped after his fight this week..

Comment

miranda is just talking it up. he finally got his break. hbo boxing after dark this saturday. he's being smart and playing it up for what its worth with recent statements about pbf and Dab intentions. i see this miranda having a couple more fights to improve his defense after this showcase setup before being ready as a top contender.

agree with previous poster about taylor. good career move for him to stay at 160. taylor isnt the smartest upstairs. calzaghe would beat him and make him look bad imo.

Comment

Originally posted by Gunstar1 View Post
                First of all Calzaghe's defense is not as good as Hopkins or Wright, Calzaghe also does have many flaws just like Taylor, you need to watch some of Calzaghe's fights before you turn him into some super technical boxer.

Taylor does fare well against great boxers, he has 2 wins over Hopkins and a draw against Wright.

You say Taylor was not impressive againt Ouma, I guess Taylor winning 10 to 12 rounds is not impressive enough.

This is boxing styles makes fights, Lacy dominated Reid, Calzaghe dominated Lacy and Calzaghe lost to Reid in many people's opinion.

I'm not saying Taylor will dominate Calzaghe, but after seeing both fight more then once, I will favor Taylor in the fight, as for Miranda I think he's another Lacy type of a guy, who will get overhyped after his fight this week..
                Winning 10 of 12 rounds against a junior middleweight that come straight at you and gets hit easily is not that impressive. Who didn't expect that. If he had done that against a legit middleweight that would have been impressive. Or completely blown Ouma away and won in impressive fashion. He couldn't even hurt Ouma, what makes you think he could hurt a legit super middleweight. Once again I would love to see Calzaghe get his ass handed to him, I just don't feel Taylor could do it. Nothing he has done to this point proves otherwise. Also at least 2 if not all 3 of Taylors fights with Hop and Winky were contreversial. It's not like he won clearly.

Comment

Ive never seen a fighter talk so much **** about better, more accomplished fighers after a loss.
                  Edison, just shut the **** up.

Comment

Winning 10 of 12 rounds against a junior middleweight that come straight at you and gets hit easily is not that impressive. Who didn't expect that. If he had done that against a legit middleweight that would have been impressive. Or completely blown Ouma away and won in impressive fashion. He couldn't even hurt Ouma, what makes you think he could hurt a legit super middleweight. Once again I would love to see Calzaghe get his ass handed to him, I just don't feel Taylor could do it. Nothing he has done to this point proves otherwise. Also at least 2 if not all 3 of Taylors fights with Hop and Winky were contreversial. It's not like he won clearly.
                    Do you think Hopkins or Winky would have Ko'd Ouma?
                    Hell no they wouldnt have.
                    Taylor dominated, and thats whats important.

Comment

Joe isnt that techniclly sound. His offense is his best defense.

Comment

Working...
                      X