Collapse
No announcement yet.

Lou DiBella on Sergio vs Golovkin: 'A fight that economically makes no sense'

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I thought he was a warrior why is avoiding the best competition?
    Great fighters rise to the challenge to do great things!
    Its about the best fighting the best.
    How can you avoid fighting someone because of financial reasons?

GOLOVKIN > martinez

Comment

• di bella thinks he got "the golden boy in his stable but all he got is a gold plated prettyboy with 2 good wins....

Comment

• Golovkin is the new Martinez.

Comment

• Originally posted by paulf View Post
          Golovkin is the new Martinez.
          But incredibly better. Golovkin feels no pain.

Comment

• Melvin Murray LOL.

Comment

• Yup, Martinez caught the "duck" bug from Floyd & Pacman. Seems like everyone who touches the pfp top 5 list catches that $hhiiite.

Comment

• Originally posted by Bushbaby View Post
                Yup, Martinez caught the "duck" bug from Floyd & Pacman. Seems like everyone who touches the pfp top 5 list catches that $hhiiite.
                Floyd's last 3 fights are better than Sergio fighting Barker, Murray, and a Chavez rematch though....

Comment

• I like Gennady. He's humble and very exciting.

But let's not go over board. Let's ask ourselves this:

Who was more proven:
                  Bute PRIOR to Froch
                  or

Gennady now.

The answer is Bute.

Bute have looked just as good, just as impressive, just as dominant, against far better opponents for a MUCH longer period of time as compare to GGG.

People have short boxing memories, but Bute looked the real deal. His competition was also very good compare to Gennady's. Look what happened the moment he stepped up.. Not even against Ward, but against the #2. (maybe #3) best in the world at SMW.

Do I think Gennady is the real deal? Yes
                  Do I want him to be? Yes

Will I be shocked if he gets Froched .. not even by Martinez but by someone like a Chavez Jr? No. I will not.

I seen them come and go. Heavyweight Grant, Golota, Lacy,Bute.. I will wait and decide.

I am reading articles on Michael Grant from the late 90's and 2000. They were making him out to be the new heavyweight savior of America. This was when the Heavyweights was still the flagship. People were doing life stories on Grant. Than he got Lennoxed..

Comment

• It's also a utter disgrace how people hate on Martinez.

This guy went to war against Paul Williams.. Was throwing bombs way late into that fight. Took tremendous punishment and still never backed down. Knocked him out cold in the rematch.

Took some of the hardest punches I seen from Pavlik and ended up beating him.

Didn't even try to hold against Jr and went toe to toe at the age of 37 against a young mid 20's fighter.

Had so many underrated wins.. and after he beat them you guys just call them bums.

To think Martinez is the LEAST bit scared or worried about Gennady Golevkin when he walked through Pavlik's punches.... is a god damn fuking joke.

Comment

• Originally posted by Skittlez View Post
                      I like Gennady. He's humble and very exciting.

But let's not go over board. Let's ask ourselves this:

Who was more proven:
                      Bute PRIOR to Froch
                      or

Gennady now.

The answer is Bute.

Bute have looked just as good, just as impressive, just as dominant, against far better opponents for a MUCH longer period of time as compare to GGG.

People have short boxing memories, but Bute looked the real deal. His competition was also very good compare to Gennady's. Look what happened the moment he stepped up.. Not even against Ward, but against the #2. (maybe #3) best in the world at SMW.

Do I think Gennady is the real deal? Yes
                      Do I want him to be? Yes

Will I be shocked if he gets Froched .. not even by Martinez but by someone like a Chavez Jr? No. I will not.

I seen them come and go. Heavyweight Grant, Golota, Lacy,Bute.. I will wait and decide.

I am reading articles on Michael Grant from the late 90's and 2000. They were making him out to be the new heavyweight savior of America. This was when the Heavyweights was still the flagship. People were doing life stories on Grant. Than he got Lennoxed..
                      Except Bute should have been KOd by Andrade and oh yeah, Golovkin KOd Bute, so we all knew Bootay had a very questionable chin.

Anyways, most of us are just saying give GGG a chance, that's all. Maybe Sergio destroys him, but the point is GGG gets his shot. Just how Lou DiBella cried years ago that all he wanted was a shot for Sergio to prove he's the best. Now DiBella is in the same position as the promoters he was complaining about. He's no different. He's a hypocrite.

Comment

Working...
                      X