No announcement yet.

Javier Capetillo Talks About The Wraps Issue

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by anonymousboxing View Post
    Does it make him a 'quitter' if he knew when the fight was over?
    He's stepping back in the ring with Marg this summer, doesn't sound like a quitter to me.

nice pic. anyways it does make him a quitter. Im sure marg wanted to go to a knee w/ SSM but he stayed up until he got knocked out. cotto only wants a rematch w/ marg so he can try to get his revenge.

Comment

Originally posted by 817boy View Post
      why do cotto fans keep saying he didn't quit. I dont understand. Marg came walking towards cotto and backed him in the corner and before marg could hit him cotto fell to one knee and nodded to his uncle to throw the towel in.
      He was nodding not to throw the towel in. But he didnt ooposed it that hard either. He was done, exhusted, he didnt had anything else, it was the smart thing to do. I dont understand how you idiots want a fighter to stay fighting till dead. That Machismo bull**** is a cavermans thinking now a days. Health come first. Look at how vazquez quitted agaisnt marquez, do you see people giving him a hard time? Hell no, it was the right thing to do.

Comment

nice pic. anyways it does make him a quitter. Im sure marg wanted to go to a knee w/ SSM but he stayed up until he got knocked out. cotto only wants a rematch w/ marg so he can try to get his revenge.
        Thanks.

I can't agree with you on the quitter thing though.

He quit yea, but he's not labeled a quitter if he's willing to step back in the ring for 2nds.
        Just like I don't consider Marg to have a weak chin just because he went down on Saturday. It'd be stupid for anyone to think Marg's prone to being ko'd by everyone just because Shane solved him.

In the same way, I won't label Miguel a quitter if he stepped down once. Especially if he's up for an immediate rematch.
        Respectfully.

Comment

Originally posted by Ch@mpBox@PR View Post
          He was nodding not to throw the towel in. But he didnt ooposed it that hard either. He was done, exhusted, he didnt had anything else, it was the smart thing to do. I dont understand how you idiots want a fighter to stay fighting till dead. That Machismo bull**** is a cavermans thinking now a days. Health come first. Look at how vazquez quitted agaisnt marquez, do you see people giving him a hard time? Hell no, it was the right thing to do.

He nodded yes. how does that mean dont throw in the towel???????

He could of tried clinching even if he got warned for excessive clinching, that still would of got cotto a breather and a rest. But idk i just rather see one of my fav fighters go out by a KO then Fall to a knee. thats just me though

Comment

Originally posted by anonymousboxing View Post
            Thanks.

I can't agree with you on the quitter thing though.

He quit yea, but he's not labeled a quitter if he's willing to step back in the ring for 2nds.
            Just like I don't consider Marg to have a weak chin just because he went down on Saturday. It'd be stupid for anyone to think Marg's prone to being ko'd by everyone just because Shane solved him.

In the same way, I won't label Miguel a quitter if he stepped down once. Especially if he's up for an immediate rematch.
            Respectfully.

its hard not to laugh at that picture. anyways i never labeled him a quitter however i did loose some respect for him once he quit, but i will gain it back if marg/cotto II happens.

Comment

people dont give him a hard time because he redeemed himself. we will have to wait and see what Cotto is made of in fights to come.

Comment

He nodded yes. how does that mean dont throw in the towel???????

He could of tried clinching even if he got warned for excessive clinching, that still would of got cotto a breather and a rest. But idk i just rather see one of my fav fighters go out by a KO then Fall to a knee. thats just me though
                Yeah, you want him to get ****ed up, to the point they cant perform at there potential, because they were man enough to get there asses whoop and they didnt quit for a fan to be pleased. GTOH!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by el guason456 View Post
                  people dont give him a hard time because he redeemed himself. we will have to wait and see what Cotto is made of in fights to come.
                  So if we have to wait, why people are talking ****!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

So if we have to wait, why people are talking ****!!!!!!!!!!
                    ive been trying to convince people that we shouldnt be talking **** about Cotto or Margarito just yet, but you guys are hardheaded

Comment

Yeah, you want him to get ****ed up, to the point they cant perform at there potential, because they were man enough to get there asses whoop and they didnt quit for a fan to be pleased. GTOH!!!!!!!!!!!!!
                      No but seriously if marg would of fell to a knee in the cotto fight you would be calling him a ***** and a quitter.

you never answered me when i said
                      he nodded yes and that meant dont throw in the towel. if he didn't want his uncle to throw in the towel why did he fall to a knee.

just let it go........... cotto quit.

Comment

Working...
                      X