No announcement yet.

Angelo Santana vs. Adrien Broner

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Angelo Santana vs. Adrien Broner

I was Really impressed by both this weekend and was wondering what are your thoughts on this match-up if it were made, Who do you got winning and how?
    Broner by Decision
    18.75%
    Broner by TKO/KO
    68.75%
    Santana by Decision
    0.00%
    Santana by TKO/KO
    12.50%

Santana impressed me aswell... but Broner via TKO

Comment

That fight would be high octane!! I'll tell you this much. they won't leave it in the hands of the judges.

Comment

I would love to believe that my Cuban boy can hang with Broner, but I don't. Santana is still in the prospect stage, while Adrien is a legitimate champion. Angelo destroyed a decent club fighter on Friday. Broner demolished a bona-fide champ on Saturday. Santana impressed me, but Adrien impressed me more. If these two were to fight soon, there'd be no contest. Broner takes it. Truthfully, I don't know if Angelo will ever be ready for "The Problem." Adrien is looking like the real deal to me.

Comment

Originally posted by CubanGuyNYC View Post
          I would love to believe that my Cuban boy can hang with Broner, but I don't. Santana is still in the prospect stage, while Adrien is a legitimate champion. Angelo destroyed a decent club fighter on Friday. Broner demolished a bona-fide champ on Saturday. Santana impressed me, but Adrien impressed me more. If these two were to fight soon, there'd be no contest. Broner takes it. Truthfully, I don't know if Angelo will ever be ready for "The Problem." Adrien is looking like the real deal to me.
          I agree but would like to see Broner take some of the quick hard counter punches from Santana and see how his chin holds up!

Comment

Santana might be too green for Broner at this stage. He seems to be developing into a very decent fighter from what he showed us last Friday. Broner however did prove as much and more vs much worthier opposition.
            Last edited by damit305; 11-19-2012, 02:37 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by el_mas_chingon View Post
              I agree but would like to see Broner take some of the quick hard counter punches from Santana and see how his chin holds up!
              The same can be said for Santana. lol Angelo didn't take any hard shots from a heavy-handed guy in his last fight either. But you bring up a good point: Santana is impressively quick and powerful with his counters. That little habit Adrien has of leaving his mouth open when throwing punches might get his jaw shattered to bits against a guy like "La Cobra".

Comment

The same can be said for Santana. lol Angelo didn't take any hard shots from a heavy-handed guy in his last fight either. But you bring up a good point: Santana is impressively quick and powerful with his counters. That little habit Adrien has of leaving his mouth open when throwing punches might get his jaw shattered to bits against a guy like "La Cobra".
                Nice observation. I'm trying to convince myself that Santana punches harder and is faster than Demarco (he probably does\is) in order to even give him a shot vs Broner.

Comment

Originally posted by damit305 View Post
                  Nice observation. I'm trying to convince myself that Santana punches harder and is faster than Demarco (he probably does\is) in order to even give him a shot vs Broner.
                  Well, allow me to help convince you, Santana is faster and punches harder than DeMarco. But that's not necessarily enough. Broner is pretty much a finished product, and he might even get better. Angelo, while impressive, is still a work-in-progress. One of the things I like about Santana is that he shows good movement. That could trouble Adrien if they ever meet.

Comment

Well said, agree 100%. Santana is great, but a little raw, while Broner looks polished as hell.

For Broner, this was the turnaround performance for me as far as making me a fan. Enough has been said about his fighting ability and defense, but even the few Demarco punches he took he shook off easily. Very complete performance by AB, and classy behaviour all around after the fight.

Comment

Working...
                    X