No announcement yet.

what great fights never happened ?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• what great fights never happened ?

it looks as though pac vs floyd wont happen but there auctually been quite a few great matchups that could have occured but for various reasons didnt what do you think some are ?
    just a few but theres many many more

frazier vs norton , lyle , shavers
    lamotta vs graziano
    tyson vs foreman
    quarry vs foreman
    m.spinks vs holyfield
    delahoya vs tszyu

Jose Napoles - Carlos Ortiz
    Antonio Cervantes - Roberto Duran
    Myung Woo-Yuh - Jung Koo Chang

Riddick Bowe - Lennox Lewis
    _____________Mike Tyson

Comment

Rocky wanted no part of Jake, atleast his management didn't! Jake was way to strong for him.
      Foreman would be a Tyson nightmare, George would be stationary but he's NOT moving backwards! I know Cus would have passed on him in the first 2 years as a pro. Foreman was a dangerous opponent for anyone. Holmes was the ony one other than Ali that wanted him.
      Spinks vs Evander at 175 would have been a great match up! Action figh and a chance at a 3 bout series.
      I agree Norton vs Frazier could have been one hell of a fight!! Ray

Comment

duran vs arguello
        foreman vs shavers

Comment

Maybe this isn't on the scale as some of the others (maybe to me it is actually..huge fan) but I always wanted Tito and Shane to scrap it out.

Kind of random but also Valero Vs Pac. I dont care how it would have ended..I just know for maybe a round or two it'd have been greeat.

Comment

Pryor vs Duran and Leonard
            De La Hoya vs Wright
            Hamed vs Morales and Marquez
            Toney vs Hopkins

Comment

excellent fight suggestions. guys antionio vs roberto should have been made.
              The real roberto duran vs ray leonard in nov 1980.
              foreman holmes
              patterson marciano
              duran napoles
              leonard vs hearns 1985
              sugar ray robinson joey maxim in normal weather.

Comment

Totally agree on Pryor suggestions. Didn't Pryor try to get fights with all those guys? Like the Robinson-Maxim suggestion too. Bowe-Tyson I almost forgot about, was there a lot of talk about that one at some point? I remember a couple of mentions on TV at the time, but not much. I did really want to see Bowe take on Lewis though. Any reason why these fights didn't happen, especially Lewis-Bowe? I've heard it was because Lewis beat Bowe in the Olympics but also heard that Lewis priced himself out of the fight. So, which one is it or is it both? And what about Pryor vs. Duran or Leonard? Was Pryor considered too dangerous and just heavily avoided?

It ticks me off when fighters either avoid certain opponents or just when certain fighters are avoided by most contenders. I mean, these guys are FIGHTERS, they're supposed to fight the best and when they're at their best. Anything else just shouldn't be tolerated.

Also, I just remembered when watching Pernell Whitaker's career set, early on in his career, there was mention of a possible matchup with Whitaker and Camacho. Any reason why that one never happened?
                Last edited by Anthony342; 10-13-2012, 08:18 PM.

Comment

Many of these fights like Toney vs Hopkins or Mosley vs Trinidad were never possible

Comment

Mayweather/Pacquiao

Comment

Working...
                    X