Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Is Lennox Lewis the Greatest Heavyweight Boxer of All Time?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Lennox is capable of beating any heavyweight in history. He had all the natural gifts, all the tools built up from hard work, genuine skill, and could be absolutely ferocious when he wanted to be. Everything you want in a heavyweight champion, and to think he hated him when he was active.

Saying that; unlike many greats, Lennox was on the receiving end of two one-punch knockouts. It is safe to say that any hard-hitting champion... Baer, Lewis, Liston, Frazier, Marciano, Foreman, ect. would have had a damn fine chance of knocking Lennox out. And more than the old 'puncher's chance'; Lennox ate a lot of big shots from big punchers without stepping back in his career, but when he got too fired up, he got careless.

Lennox is one of my absolute favorite fighters, and I rewatch his fights often these days. Lewis-Bruno is a hell of an underrated fight. Was he the greatest? Maybe... he is undoubtedly among them.

Comment

Originally posted by #GlowinOrb View Post
      could ali beat him? size wise probably no, could lennox take a george foreman bomb? probably not. subjective
      Would he take one?

As for the question, no Boxer-puncher slower than Ali beats him.
      Last edited by res; 08-19-2012, 03:46 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Barnburner View Post
        damn straight, i dislike the bastard as well but I find myself defending his #1 HW spot all the time.
        I'm in the same position. I really can't stand Ali on a personal level but there's no denying he's the best Heavyweight I've ever seen. At the same time I like Lennox but I have a hard time putting him in the top-10. But you see, that's the difference between us and NSB fan-bois.

Poet

Comment

Lennox could have beat anybody. Size, skill, power and mentally disciplined he could have beat them all but he could have also a problems with someone like Ali and Holmes or got caught with that one shot by a prime Tyson or Foreman.

I wouldn't say he is the greatest but I would like his chances against anybody.
          Last edited by jayjames616; 08-19-2012, 04:13 PM.

Comment

I always measure the "who is the greatest of all time" on how I think H2H match ups would go. The whole question, who is greater, to me, means in a tourney of the best of all time, ho would probably come out with the most wins.
            To me, that is Lennox in the heavyweight division. Sure he might lose a couple of the bouts but he would win more than anyone else in my opinion.
            He is tall, intelligent, powerful, crafty, decent chin, fast hands.... Pretty tough guy to face if you ask me.

Comment

Originally posted by craigus1990 View Post
              I always measure the "who is the greatest of all time" on how I think H2H match ups would go. The whole question, who is greater, to me, means in a tourney of the best of all time, ho would probably come out with the most wins.
              To me, that is Lennox in the heavyweight division. Sure he might lose a couple of the bouts but he would win more than anyone else in my opinion.
              He is tall, intelligent, powerful, crafty, decent chin, fast hands.... Pretty tough guy to face if you ask me.
              Exactly how I see it.

Comment

Comment

top 10, definitely not the atg heavyweight what are some of you smoking? ali #1

Comment

Lennox best win is a past-it Holyfield, he got iced by two average fighters and deserved to lose to Ray Mercer. Hell no.

Comment

Yes, watching some fights. And he beat anyone in a head to head matchup.

Comment

Working...
                      X