No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Mayweather: I'm Getting Better, I'll Be Sharper With Cotto

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by amayseng View Post
    cotto is slow and plodding, his dominate hand in front which slows the coordination of his footwork. i saw the gameplan lasst week, cotto is working on a jab, left hook while moving to his right to avoid floyds right and throw his own right..the problem, his feet are too slow and he will get eaten up...

floyd is sharp and accurate and Cotto at this stage, is damaged and has no chance....late tko stoppage due to punishment and Cotto gassing out like usual...

i heard the ppv is 70$, is this true?
    That's probably pretty accurate. The last few for both Floyd and Pac have been like $59.95 SD and $69.95 for HD, so that's probably a good assessment.

If Cotto started working the jab and then a right hook to the body while moving to his right, he would find some success. Also, only having one game plan is a straight route to failure against Floyd. Think about this, it takes Floyd 2-3 rounds to figure the opponent out so if you have 6 different plans, you should have a fair shot at being competitive.

Additionally, If Cotto switches southpaw and moves to his backside working the jab, straight left, and right hook to the body, he'll catch Floyd more often than not as Floyd is shoulder rolling the straight left his left oblique will be exposed for Cotto's right hook.

I think if someone fought Floyd while having plan, after plan, after plan and switched things up every other round, Floyd would resort to serious cheating out of frustration. Rabbit punches, head butts, elbows, tripping...whatever it took to not lose, even if he weren't down too far on the cards, just due to the sheer frustration of not having figured the guy out.

Might get Floyd to DQ himself rather than lose straight up.
    Last edited by mathed; 05-01-2012, 08:05 AM.

Comment

Uh oh. That's never a good thing to hear from an aging fighter.

Comment

Originally posted by Big Dunn View Post
        No, just pac diehards and floyd haters run with that because it suits your agendas.

Great thing is when Manny leaves TR, they'll fight 6 months later, manny will lose, and most of you guys will be gone.

Then the boxing fans who like floyd, the boxing fans who like manny, and the boxing fans who just like the sport will be able to have substantive debates and discussions.

Floyd is using hardwork and dedication. The random OST he submits to and passes support this theory.

The fight is already gone, Pacquiao has shown signs of decline and how many welters have been in their prime age 34 plus?

Floyd avoided the best Pacquiao.

Floyd is not tested when he is on vacation? Plenty of time for PEDs to clear his system but still gain the benifits.

Also this explains his long vacations.

Well you didn't really believe his story he wanted to spend more time with his family did you?

Comment

Originally posted by mathed View Post
          That's probably pretty accurate. The last few for both Floyd and Pac have been like $59.95 SD and $69.95 for HD, so that's probably a good assessment.

If Cotto started working the jab and then a right hook to the body while moving to his right, he would find some success. Also, only having one game plan is a straight route to failure against Floyd. Think about this, it takes Floyd 2-3 rounds to figure the opponent out so if you have 6 different plans, you should have a fair shot at being competitive.

Additionally, If Cotto switches southpaw and moves to his backside working the jab, straight left, and right hook to the body, he'll catch Floyd more often then not as Floyd is shoulder rolling the straight left his left oblique will be exposed for Cotto's right hook.

I think if someone fought Floyd while having plan, after plan, after plan and switched things up every other round, Floyd would resort to serious cheating out of frustration. Rabbit punches, head butts, elbows, tripping...whatever it took to not lose. Even if he weren't down too far on the cards, just due to the sheer frustration of not having the guy out.

there is not one bit of truth to this post, doesnt matter if cotto has 12 gameplans, its about executing them, not having them. floyd doesnt get frustrated in the ring, he uses generalship to change how he adapts. there is basically nothing cotto can do to get the better of him.

Comment

Originally posted by SpeedKillz View Post
            I guess he is injecting that good stuff, Im curious as to what it is too, cause Im about to get on that shiz myself. But cant you just tell me please?? PM me or something I know you know and I must have it. No one knows floyds dirty little secrets like you do you silly boy you!!
            He ain't even told me, that's how secret it is, but when I find out, I'll PM you the details.

Comment

Originally posted by CONQUERING View Post
              See....I told y'all yesterday that Floyd was still in his prime.

You obviously didn't read the article then. He's getting better, he isn't even in his prime yet.

Comment

Originally posted by mathed View Post

Additionally, If Cotto switches southpaw and moves to his backside working the jab, straight left, and right hook to the body, he'll catch Floyd more often then not as Floyd is shoulder rolling the straight left his left oblique will be exposed for Cotto's right hook.

I think if someone fought Floyd while having plan, after plan, after plan and switched things up every other round, Floyd would resort to serious cheating out of frustration. Rabbit punches, head butts, elbows, tripping...whatever it took to not lose, even if he weren't down too far on the cards, just due to the sheer frustration of not having figured the guy out.

The stuff you put in the last 2 paragraphs, except for the stuff to get disqualified, is very good. As a floyd fan I always thought his opponent should fight in 3 round blocks. each 4th round switch up what you do and what body part you work on.

Comment

Originally posted by D4thincarnation View Post
                  He ain't even told me, that's how secret it is, but when I find out, I'll PM you the details.
                  no shlt he didnt tell you!!! but i know that you still know. thats the beauty of being a stalker, you know more about the person youre stalking than they know about themselves, now stop tryin to stall, and PM the details, I need to step my game up in the ring, Im getting a bit lackadaisical i've been told recently...

Comment

no shlt he didnt tell you!!! but i know that you still know. thats the beauty of being a stalker, you know more about the person youre stalking than they know about themselves, now stop tryin to stall, and PM the details, I need to step my game up in the ring, Im getting a bit lackadaisical i've been told recently...
                    Are you really Bernard Hopkins?

No wonder you want some of Floyd's goodies.

Comment

there is not one bit of truth to this post, doesnt matter if cotto has 12 gameplans, its about executing them, not having them. floyd doesnt get frustrated in the ring, he uses generalship to change how he adapts. there is basically nothing cotto can do to get the better of him.
                      Ah, you are correct, my post was baseless and pure fiction. Your post makes perfect sense now that I've read it a few times, in summation: Floyd is invincible. I never stopped to think that Floyd was so good, there was no way he could lose.

Comment

Working...
                      X