Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Anthony Dirrell-Callum Smith: TGB Wins Purse Bid - $1.6 Million

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

BUT DAN RAFAEL AND STEVEN KIMCHI SAID PBC WAS BANKRUPT AND HAD NO MONEY? HAHAHAHAHAH!!!! RIP TO ALL THE LYING PBC HATERS

Comment

Originally posted by The Gambler1981 View Post
      I guess PBC still has some bankroll left or some network is willing to pay a decent amount for that fight plus the under card. Spike! perhaps seems like their kind of fight.
      ONLY CRACK HEAD LIARS LIKE DAN FAT MAN RAFAEL AND STEVEN KIMCHI SPREAD THOSE LIES ABOUT PBC GOING BANKRUPT.... THEN ALLL THE SHEEPLE FAN BOYS FELL FOR IT AS USUAL.....

Comment

Originally posted by aldo5408 View Post
        Damn what an awful investment Anthony is average at best
        Haymon spending money like it's 2015
        BUT I THOUGHT DAN RAFAEL AND STEVE KIMCHI SAID PBC WAS ALREADY BANKRUPT HAHAHAH

Comment

Originally posted by Eff Pandas View Post
          Bet Tom Brown was as surprised as anyone he won this bid.
          YOU MEAN THAT GENIUS EDDIE "DADDYS BOY" HEARN WAS SURPRISED LMFAO....

Comment

Originally posted by Scipio2009 View Post
            Does Dirrell-Smith headline it's own show (at $1.6m to secure the fight, the guess would be yes)? What does TGB think of putting with the fight (the Dirrell brothers, Tony Harrison, J'Leon Love, and Claressa Shields, with likely others in the Haymon orbit, are all from the Detroit area, so maybe taking a show to Michigan would make sense)? What does the TV look like (if the fight ends up being shown by PBC, you're likely looking at a 2am-4am airing in the UK, which isn't all the way horrible)? What does the travelling support look like for Callum Smith (if it does look like that Smith can bring a ton of money with him, the fight may end up in New York)? etc

in due time
            Andre fight this weekend got cancelled so he needs a fight. I hought he should've been on the Shields card in Detroit instead of the Russell Jr card in Maryland. Shields vs Hammer is already being negotiated so that's possible. I wanna see how Shields does this weekend headlining her own show. Put it at Cobo Hall or the Palace of Auburn Hills (halfway between Flint and Detroit). I would put K-9 Bundrage on the show too. Or get it real lit with Shields vs. Hammer, Dirrell vs Smith, and Easter Jr vs. Shafikov at Cobo Hall. Toledo will travel to Detroit with no problem.

Comment

I did have a feeling that Eddie Hearn would underpay, he's probably confident that Callum can handle himself on foreign soil.

Comment

I'm not surprised Haymon won with a bid like that. Either he has a lot of faith in Dirrell, or he's just being stupid with money.

Smith should be happy because he's going to see half of that money.

Comment

Originally posted by Motorcity Cobra View Post
                  Andre fight this weekend got cancelled so he needs a fight. I hought he should've been on the Shields card in Detroit instead of the Russell Jr card in Maryland. Shields vs Hammer is already being negotiated so that's possible. I wanna see how Shields does this weekend headlining her own show. Put it at Cobo Hall or the Palace of Auburn Hills (halfway between Flint and Detroit). I would put K-9 Bundrage on the show too. Or get it real lit with Shields vs. Hammer, Dirrell vs Smith, and Easter Jr vs. Shafikov at Cobo Hall. Toledo will travel to Detroit with no problem.
                  Shields' card was for ShoBox, with the Russell Jr card being for Showtime Championship Boxing, so Andre sticking with the Russell Jr makes sense (also, not sure if the timing for Shields-Hammer would work for so quick a turnaround).

Dirrell-Smith and EasterJr-Shafikov as a TV doubleheader makes a ton of sense, though. Add J'Leon Love vs Rocky Fielding, a solid fight for Shields (Kali Reis looks good enough), get Andre Dirrell another tickover fight, and throw Bundrage a bone with an 8-rounder or something and you've got an event.

Comment

If Dirrel wins that fight and becomes champ that 168 will be the biggest joke now. Damn this division is whack already. Zurdo still fighting bums, DeGale with the lucky gift got to keep his title and now that bum Dirrel fighting for a title. Jeez.

Comment

Working...
                    X