No announcement yet.

Colin Kaepernick: Mix of racism, anti-Islam rhetoric are increasingly toxic

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Zaroku View Post
    Colin Kaepernick: Like him or love him, he is a hero to some, an attention hoe, a cry baby, and a social justice hypocrite to others.

He is the greatest spoiled bi racial, BLM, sub par NFL qveerter back, and he has Nike on his team.

Marketing genius, you can't keep him down, and he won't hold his tongue, he can't win a super bowl, but neither could Marino, and plenty of other talented players.

What he lacks in QB skills, he makes up for with his defiant attitude.

He should dye his hair red, and go for that Ronald McDonald look, he walks on ice, and has never fell..

What do you guys think of him?

For my bro, Sugar Adam Ali...
    yes, i am quoting myself, just wanted to add this link, and bump this topic.

I am waiting for Sugar Adam Ali to jump in and give his point of view.

https://theundefeated.com/features/c...asingly-toxic/

Comment

yes, i am quoting myself, just wanted to add this link, and bump this topic.

I am waiting for Sugar Adam Ali to jump in and give his point of view.

https://theundefeated.com/features/c...asingly-toxic/
      He should have gotten an adviser to gauge the possible fallout of such a move. Play the worst case scenario game. He could have kept his job AND protested against police issues.

All he did was basically get some ''we're sorry no team wants you'' money from the NFL.

Comment

Originally posted by Curtis Harper View Post
        He should have gotten an adviser to gauge the possible fallout of such a move. Play the worst case scenario game. He could have kept his job AND protested against police issues.

All he did was basically get some ''we're sorry no team wants you'' money from the NFL.
        I agree completely. He is a public figure, and fame evaporates fast. Floyd keeps himself relevant by talking up a storm, and getting paid.. He sometimes puts his foot in his mouth, but he is his own boss.

He really needed to run the worst case scenario and then decided if it was worth the cost. Now, he kinda painted himself into a corner, to back down now, he would lose the respect of the people who respect him at this time, and would fail to gain the respect from people who already don't like or respect him..

Not a smart move from the start.

Comment

I agree completely. He is a public figure, and fame evaporates fast. Floyd keeps himself relevant by talking up a storm, and getting paid.. He sometimes puts his foot in his mouth, but he is his own boss.

He really needed to run the worst case scenario and then decided if it was worth the cost. Now, he kinda painted himself into a corner, to back down now, he would lose the respect of the people who respect him at this time, and would fail to gain the respect from people who already don't like or respect him..

Not a smart move from the start.
          Either way, to me, he comes off as a sell out.

You're either fed up with ''the system (NFL)'' and only wanted to tear it and police brutality down at the same time.

OR

You were in a ''bad place'' emotionally and didn't intend for the emotional transgression to take on a life of it's own. You really do want to be a member of the NFL.

Comment

Either way, to me, he comes off as a sell out.

You're either fed up with ''the system (NFL)'' and only wanted to tear it and police brutality down at the same time.

OR

You were in a ''bad place'' emotionally and didn't intend for the emotional transgression to take on a life of it's own. You really do want to be a member of the NFL.
            He cemented his place in history, not sure how he should proceed.

Ali had his draft moment, and he got a lot of crap for it, but Colin isn't Ali. Other men, have taken strong stances, and manged to pull themselves out of the flames.

Comment

He cemented his place in history, not sure how he should proceed.

Ali had his draft moment, and he got a lot of crap for it, but Colin isn't Ali. Other men, have taken strong stances, and manged to pull themselves out of the flames.
              Boxing allowed Ali back in because he went about his issue the right way. He didn't bring attention to himself in between rounds or during the instructions.

History, within sports, will remember Colin being someone who risked it all to right a wrong. The ultimate martyr/pariah. There will probably be a movie made (Spike Lee directing).
              ''I'm tired of my brothers and sisters of color being shot down for no reason by people who are paid to protect us.''

Outside of sports history, I don't think will be kind. A spoiled, racially conflicted athlete who had every advantage given to him, who appeared to have a prolonged meltdown on live tv. Using the very position that gave him that visibility. In essence, throwing your employer (NFL) under the bus.......only to turn around and try to get back in.

''I won't act out again, I promise .''

His intentions were most likely pure, but came off looking the wrong way. And what's with him growing his hair out, as if to prove who's side he's on

Comment

Boxing allowed Ali back in because he went about his issue the right way. He didn't bring attention to himself in between rounds or during the instructions.

History, within sports, will remember Colin being someone who risked it all to right a wrong. The ultimate martyr/pariah. There will probably be a movie made (Spike Lee directing).
                ''I'm tired of my brothers and sisters of color being shot down for no reason by people who are paid to protect us.''

Outside of sports history, I don't think will be kind. A spoiled, racially conflicted athlete who had every advantage given to him, who appeared to have a prolonged meltdown on live tv. Using the very position that gave him that visibility. In essence, throwing your employer (NFL) under the bus.......only to turn around and try to get back in.

''I won't act out again, I promise .''

His intentions were most likely pure, but came off looking the wrong way. And what's with him growing his hair out, as if to prove who's side he's on
                Well said, very well said.

Comment

Kap is in a fcked up situation here. if he is allowed back in the NFL and stops kneeling he'll be called a sellout by his supporters..

Comment

this guy's future is basically giving speeches to white liberals who need some more guilt. in exchange for money, obvs

Comment

Originally posted by Bandman View Post
                      Kap is in a fcked up situation here. if he is allowed back in the NFL and stops kneeling he'll be called a sellout by his supporters..
                      Bro Bandman, what should Kap do? I have no clue, no suggestions, and maybe things are as they should be.

I do not know what I would have done in his shoes, but in general, I seek advice, before making big moves.

Comment

Working...
                      X