Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Why is there thunder and lightning after the heatwave this morning?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Clearly guns need to be banned

Comment

God had a couple burritos and Coronas while enjoying the weather.

Comment

Random question.....what do you guys consider a heat wave in the UK?

Comment

Originally posted by Psylence83 View Post
          Random question.....what do you guys consider a heat wave in the UK?
          We had our hottest ever July temperature yesterday at 39.4 C on the central line in London. To put things into perspective, the highest recorded official temperature is 56.7C recorded in the US

Comment

my house was hit by lightning growing up. loudest sound i've ever heard. nothing comes close. it ruined every piece of electronics in the house. destroyed a top flight fight collection from the 90's / early 2000's, when you, you know, had to download and collect fights.

all of the smoke detectors in the house went off at once from the surge, but they hardly made noise. the batteries in the smoke detectors were hot enough to burn your hands.

it put me on my butt. not really sure how or why, but i went down.

temperature and moisture gradients are what cause thunderstorms.

warm, dry air rises. cool, moist air drops. the winds organize in swirling patterns as they try and get into balance. it's kind of like the convection process in an oven. i'm not a meteorologist, but those are the basics.

Comment

Magic brah.

Comment

Originally posted by New England View Post
                my house was hit by lightning growing up. loudest sound i've ever heard. nothing comes close. it ruined every piece of electronics in the house. destroyed a top flight fight collection from the 90's / early 2000's, when you, you know, had to download and collect fights.

all of the smoke detectors in the house went off at once from the surge, but they hardly made noise. the batteries in the smoke detectors were hot enough to burn your hands.

warm, dry air rises. cool, moist air drops. the winds organize in swirling patterns as they try and get into balance. it's kind of like the convection process in an oven. i'm not a meteorologist, but those are the basics.
                Damn that sounds scary af

Comment

Originally posted by New England View Post

This. Cold fronts moving in on warm air causes turbulent weather.

Comment

Originally posted by ~AK49~ View Post
                    This. Cold fronts moving in on warm air causes turbulent weather.
                    Ridiculous, Jesus did it, he's mad about gay marriage.

Comment

Its caused by fat bastard mexican wrestlers doing elbow drops from the top rope.

Comment

Working...
                      X