No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Marquez Explains Why He Picked Bradley over Pacquiao

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Marquez Explains Why He Picked Bradley over Pacquiao

Shortly after Floyd Mayweather's unanimous decision victory over Robert Guerrero, Juan Manuel Marquez spoke to BoxingScene.com about his decision to face WBO welterweight champion Tim Bradley instead of a more lucrative fifth fight against Manny Pacquiao. Marquez feels that his December 8th knockout of the Filipino Congressman more than sealed their series and that there is no need for another fight. He said that he couldn't say why Bradley turned down a rematch against Pacquiao but that he feels an argument can be made for why he won each of his four fights against Pacquiao.

[Click Here To Read More]

Legacy over money, that's how you do it Marquez.
    As for a place in the Mexican ATG, would surely be top 3 if he gets past Bradley.

Comment

I wish more fighters ffelt this way. Imagine all the great fights we would have if fighters (like Mayweather) cared about legacy more than money. And he's right. Once you have millions and millions - more money than your children and their children will ever need - why not do what you can to go down in history

Comment

Because he just put pac ass to sleep that's why! what else is there to prove once you do that in the 4th fight? He isn't a puppet for arum like somebody else, should be a great fight between him and Bradley.

Comment

Totally agree... BUT... Marquez, you were getting beat up bad & then that hail mary shot saved the day... I would love to see these two go at it for the 5th time... 2 fighters that gave all in the ring.

Comment

Tim could have killed Pac with a Tiger Uppercut in China and still lost the fight.

Comment

Originally posted by rasdun View Post
              I wish more fighters ffelt this way. Imagine all the great fights we would have if fighters (like Mayweather) cared about legacy more than money. And he's right. Once you have millions and millions - more money than your children and their children will ever need - why not do what you can to go down in history
              Muhammad Ali has a great legacy, so does Joe Frazier and Joe Louis, but they wound up mentally ill and broke. Floyd has been a guide for all athletes in how to maximize your earning potential while maintaining your health and sanity.

Comment

Originally posted by PiXelElite View Post
                Totally agree... BUT... Marquez, you were getting beat up bad & then that hail mary shot saved the day... I would love to see these two go at it for the 5th time... 2 fighters that gave all in the ring.
                If you think that was a lucky punch, then stop watching boxing. It was one of the most beautiful, right hand counters I have ever witnessed in boxing.

Let's not forget he knocked down Pac earlier in the fight. JMM was on his A game and came out and did what nobody thought he could do, knock out one of the ATG's in the sport. This series is OVER, JMM won.

End of discussion.

Comment

No need for a 5th of course. Marquez with the help of Heredias masked PED solidified Marquez the win he deserved. Smart move by Marquez cause trying to repeat that KO would be difficult actually with this new found strength it might be possible.

Comment

This is what annoys me, I don't have Marquez winning any of the 3 fights. I watched all 3 over before the forth fight and I gave them all to PAC. In the 3rd fight, Marquez blew it. He was up and then took his foot off the gas at the end. All he had to say is this, we fought 3x, the fights were close but the forth fight, I khtfo and that's why I don't need to fight him. I like that more then him saying he practically won all four fights.

Comment

Working...
                    X