Remember guys, Tony Thompson was one of Klitschko's 'bums'

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The Klitschkos will never get the credit they deserve

Comment

Thompson is a bum, he just happened to be fighting a hype job.

Comment

Originally posted by yoz View Post
        Tony Thompson has never been any good. It just shows how terrible Price really is.
        Just goes to show how people get carried away and prematurely elevate some prospects and underestimate the real champs like Wlad. Wlad wasnt always deserving of lavish praise but hes earnt it now.

Also shows Haye is better than some think. But i wasnt sold on Price, he has just come out from nowhere as far as i was concerned on the strength of a few fast kos.

Comment

Originally posted by Freedom. View Post
          I've always considered Tony Thompson to be a very good, underrated heavyweight.

But I thought he was faded because of the difference in his performances in his two fights with Wladimir.
          Thompson sucks, Price is green.

End thread

Comment

Originally posted by hugh grant View Post
            Just goes to show how people get carried away and prematurely elevate some prospects and underestimate the real champs like Wlad. Wlad wasnt always deserving of lavish praise but hes earnt it now.
            Price was a Bronze medalist, so he had some potential. But he had huge flaws in his game and he never corrected them. He doesn't have an inside game. Like we saw in this fight he keeps his hands too low.

He was way over hyped though. I remember how badly they wanted Price to jump in there to fight Vitali lol... If he can't get past Thompson what possible chance does he have against Vitali?

I don't think he can come back from this. Fury was the better fighter, always has been, he's going to be the future.

Comment

Wait wait....Price is green, yes.

Thompson is 41

It will never happen until be retires, but both Klits are phenomenal. This fight I particular shows that. I don't know how you argue it. Nobody that is good enough will fight them.

Players call out, but do we want to see wlad fight Holyfield (my all time favorite). Wlad is saving him and others

Comment

Not really. Price was just massively onverhyped. It ended up pretty clear that he has no chin whatsoever. Huge dude and his overall skill isn't that bad per se, but he's hittable and unfortunately has a glass chin. He's looked very shakable against some really poor opposition. It was bound to happen.

Comment

wow thompson beat the british tye fields and now he's great?

Comment

Chubby Thompson showed us a textbook hypejob unveiling.

Comment

While I totally agree, there are a couple of points. From boxing standpoint Price actually looked good, but I don't want to argue that.

Wlad is very good. Thompson will tell you that. I think it is funny he has accepted role of defending "number one contender".

Everybody argues and complains about Nuthuggers, but I absolutely love the heavyweights and "baddest man on the planet". It has sucked lately (5 years) but you have to give a little credit to opposition.

When Ali was champ or at that time, it seemed people would crawl out of wood works to be baddest man.

Now they run and hide. You have to give credit.

Comment

Working...
                      X