Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Hattons sparring World Amateur champion Erislandy Lara in prep?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hattons sparring World Amateur champion Erislandy Lara in prep?

Ricky Hatton's 'southpaw' preparations began with a Vegas sparring session with World Amateur champion Erislandy Lara.

27 year old Lara won three consecutive national amateur championships at welterweight (2005-07), and was the world champion at welterweight in 2005.

Lara, who was considered to be one of the favorites at welterweight for the 2008 Beijing Olympic games, left the Cuban amateur boxing team on July 22, 2007 during the Pan-American games in Rio de Janeiro, Brazil.

Lara left the team with Guillermo Rigondeaux Ortiz, and initially was reported to be turning professional with ARENA Box-Promotion and Ahmet Oener.

However, Lara was subsequently arrested with Rigondeaux, and stated that he wanted to return to Cuba.

Lara subsequently escaped from Cuba again via speedboat to Mexico. He has since signed with Arena Box-Promotion and turned professional in July 2008.

Anyone know if this is true?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HPciF...layer_embedded

Damn that dude can bang. Lara aint no joke.

Comment

Originally posted by Executioner54 View Post
      Damn that dude can bang. Lara aint no joke.
      I'd honestly never heard of him.

Awesome left in that clip.

Comment

Originally posted by ellwise69 View Post

He recently turned pro. He looked great during his last fight.(Serious power)

Comment

Originally posted by ellwise69 View Post

theres a clip of Lara in the other thread by jching....."hatton hopes Pac gets good chin or body", check it out wasnt impressed as a spparing partner but guy does have talent

Comment

Lara isnt that good to me, I see so many holes he has Im sure Im not the only one.

Comment

Originally posted by Bhopreign View Post
              Lara isnt that good to me, I see so many holes he has Im sure Im not the only one.
              he's not exactly Pacquiao is he.

Comment

this cat don't fight like pac though... he's heavy footed.

Comment

yeah its true. its on his official forum

Comment

he's a great sparring partner he has talent and he knows how to pick his shots well ive seen him on espn 2 or 3 times on gamboa undercards

Comment

Working...
                    X