Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Does Duran have any serious rivals for being the greatest hispanic fighter?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Does Duran have any serious rivals for being the greatest hispanic fighter?

your thoughts please. A case can be made for monzon although he only was dominate in one division and chazez sr. Anyone else?

I put Monzon and Chavez slightly ahead

Comment

isn't a W over a prime SRL bigger than anything that chavez or monzon did?

Comment

I enjoyed Duran as a lightweight and thats where he looked his best! I enjoy watching Kid Gavilan, Sugar Ramos, Salvador Sanchez, Carlos Zarate', Lexi Arguello and theres more.
        Not all had to be title holders either, always was sold on a Yaqui Lopez fight or Gaspar Ortega, Victor Galendez etc those men came to fight and never cheated the boxing public.
        I like Duran but don't put above the fellows I mentioned either!

If theres one and only one to be named I don't mess around "Sugarman"
        then theres everyone else, second fourth ninth its all the same after First!
        Ray

Comment

Salvador Sanchez and Olivares have to be considered.

Comment

Originally posted by young_robbed View Post
            Salvador Sanchez and Olivares have to be considered.
            As does Arguello and the previously named Monzon and Chavez.
            Actually there were very many to name but personally I have Duran at another level.

Comment

nope....... arguello's the closest.

Comment

Originally posted by SCtrojansbaby View Post
                I put Monzon and Chavez slightly ahead
                You gotta be kidding. Oop, my mistake, I forgot you're one of the 3 people walking the earth that doesn't think Whitaker was shafted vs Chavez.

There have been plenty of great hispanic fighters and Duran is the best of the bunch

Comment

delahoya won titles in like 5-6 divisions. don't forget about tito or bazooka gomez or ricardo lopez. the real chavez never did cut it at 147 but at 130-140,he was legendary. pull up his record n see how many top guys he beat

Comment

Obviously there are contenders as already mentioned in the thread but for me Duran is the best

Comment

Working...
                    X