Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Why Do Gamboas Fans Deny He Ducked Rios?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Nekronicle View Post
    I don't deny he ducked Rios, i was super friggin pissed at Gamboa for this...but I dont think he was afraid of Rios at all..i think he ducked Rios for unknown boxing-political reasons.
    It's a real duck move by Gamboa! He knows he don't have the chin to handle Rios!

I got more respect for Rigo for challenging Donaire! THE question is... will Rigo show up? Coz he might copy Gamboa and not show up at the presser!

Comment

a duck?everyone is ducking everyone on boxingscene

Comment

You might not like the business end of boxing but it does exist. Im sure if Arum didnt try and extend Gamboa for another 2 years than we would of had that fight. Why do you have to sell your soul to get the fights you want? This is the same as the Bradley/Khan situation. Scared dont have anything to do with it these guys fight for a living. Thats such a simple minded way of thinking. And this is coming from someone who hates Gamboa.

Comment

Jesus, the **** people post on here.

I stopped reading after the TS said that Gamboa would've been a star after fighting Rios LMAO.

And some other clown said he went life and death with Farenas, GTFOH..... He whooped that ass, and looked rusty while doing it.

Comment

Originally posted by Nekronicle View Post
            I don't deny he ducked Rios, i was super friggin pissed at Gamboa for this...but I dont think he was afraid of Rios at all..i think he ducked Rios for unknown boxing-political reasons.
            i dont believe this for a second. he called out rios. rios signed. hbo/top rank gave him everything he wanted and then some. including a career high pay day. i think he figured rios wouldnt fight him and he could say rios is scared. it must suck for gamboa that rios signed for the fight. gamboa ran to floyd instead of fighting rios. i seriously believe hbo should nev
            er do business with gamboa again

Comment

Not sure you can be accused of ducking a guy in a weight division you've never fought in.

Comment

Originally posted by ElBossHogg™ View Post
                Fight was made, everything he showed intrest in that fight till the last minute till he let somebody get in his ear like a female and talk him into what he wanted to do, his career would have been way better off had he gone head with the fight, no lay off he be kind a star right now. now he still in the same position he was before he decided to break ties (i.e. making arum money) but now with none of the benefits lol.

all that **** he talked, yet he ran. He could have stayed in his own town and made a announcement why he didnt want to take the rios fight and tell everyone hismeld like a man but decided to play hide n seek for a few weeks.

Because Rios is garbage.

/thread.

Comment

Originally posted by letsgobrady View Post
                  a duck?everyone is ducking everyone on boxingscene

- Every fighter is ducking some other fighter

- The winner and loser of the same fight can both have been exposed at the same time

- Solid young fighters are over hyped bums

- Over hyped bums (Rios) are elite

Welcome to bizzaro scene

Comment

In the case of Gamboa/Rios it was a duck. After all the fanfare Gamboa didn't even show up to the press conference and went M.I.A. with not statements for a while.

He got the worst boxing advise by his handlers and on top of that what has he done since the duck other than signing with 50?

I don't know what they promised Gamboa but IMO his career is in limbo, what a waste

Comment

Originally posted by Furn View Post
                      Not sure you can be accused of ducking a guy in a weight division you've never fought in.
                      Right.... But there's no problem him fighting mayweather right?

Comment

Working...
                      X