Wayne McCullough: "Ortiz should've had 5 minutes to recover"

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by SickRacistThug View Post
    "and had not instructed them to box on when the punches landed."

article fails right there. joe clearly did instruct them and there was nothing vague about his instruction. the universal hand-gesture for time-in and a bark of "let's go". referees do not always say "box" when restarting a fight, whether they're supposed to or not. "let's go" is more than acceptable instruction and not in the least bit vague.

the weebler ii wouldn't even be posting this if he wasn't still suffering from 4 years of hurt (see his av, he's never gotten over it).
    exactly......

Comment

Originally posted by -MAKAVELLI- View Post
      Cortez didn't see it tho...its like WWF when the manager distracts the ref and the villain pulls out his brass knuckles and KOs the good guy...
      in that case, floyd pulled off a great publicity/villain stunt without even breaking any rules.

that whole drama/outrage thing of the heel getting away with something heinous is what brings the punters in in WWF and no doubt it'll generate further interest in future mayweather events. perception is reality. joe public thinks floyd actually did something villainous. even more people are gonna give up their dough in the hope of seeing him killed now. it's hilarious.

Comment

Originally posted by Pullcounter View Post
        do you even know what a suckerpunch is???
        'suckerpunch' is a figurative term here.

in boxing, it doesn't exist. you can call what floyd did a 'suckerpunch' figuratively, but there are only legal and illegal punches in boxing, no suckerpunches. the first commandment of the sport is 'protect yourself, all times'. if time is in, one's duty is to have one's eyes on the opponent with readiness to defend oneself. by definition of the fundamentals and rulebook of boxing, suckerpunches do not exist.

i know you'll find it hard to wrap your pea-brain around this, you dumb, flipflopping, frontrunning, dickhopping faggot, because 1.) you're incredibly -- and i do mean incredibly -- stupid, 2.) you've never boxed and 3.) you know nothing about boxing, but i'm right.

Comment

@the weebler

dayum, thats sig is hillarious! green k

Comment

Wayne is right. There is too much at stake, too much effort to make these fights happen and so much riding on the result, that the right decision and result has to be made. In hindsight, if Cortez had a bit time to think he would have given Ortiz time to recover.
            So much controversy isnt worth it otherwise and thats all that has happened as a result of this. Floyds win is tainted and he faces ever growing critcism again and again.

Comment

Oh my goodness!!!! For the love of boxing he told them to box. He put them in there neutral corners and brought them to the middle and said LET'S GO!!!! MAN!!! All these haters are killing me GREAT FIGHT BY THE WAY

Comment

Originally posted by SickRacistThug View Post
                it wasn't a sucker-punch. if time wasn't in and floyd hit ortiz blind with a concussive two-piece, cortez wouldn't have given vic 5 minutes, he'd have dq'd floyd. time was in, so it's not a sucker-punch

those 12 rounds with naz left wayne with some brain damage, clearly.
                You are apparently a blind Sick Racist Thug. Legal? yes. Sucker punch? Yes. If I walked up to you on the street, and said I was going to kick your ass, and then I apoligized, acted like I was going to hug you, and then while your guard was down, hit you anyway, it would be a suckerpunch.

Comment

Originally posted by The Nature Boy View Post
                  Jesus, am I the only white person that actually thought what Floyd did was correct. Watching the fight I saw two fighters walk back to center of the ring after a point deduction, one had his hands up ready to continue and the other didn't. Victor Ortiz got a 2.5 million dollar lesson saturday.
                  No, you probably are not the only white person who thinks what Floyd did was ok, but you are obviously a wrestling fan, and that explains why you think it is ok.

Comment

Originally posted by -MAKAVELLI- View Post
                    Cortez didn't see it tho...its like WWF when the manager distracts the ref and the villain pulls out his brass knuckles and KOs the good guy...
                    I like that analogy. Floyd's power = brass knucks.

Comment

Thats exactly what should have happened imo.

Comment

Working...
                      X