Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Doug Fischer: "Floyd's CHEAP shots just a step above Tyson's ear-biting incident"

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Doug Fischer: "Floyd's CHEAP shots just a step above Tyson's ear-biting incident"

from Dougie's mailbag

Originally posted by Doug Fischer
    My immediate thoughts on the abrupt and bizarre ending to Mayweather-Ortiz is that both fighters behaved unprofessionally and the manner in which the fight ended was bad for the sport. Ortiz blatantly fouled Mayweather (at a time when he was finally scoring some effective shots) and the 34-year-old veteran took advantage of the 24-year-old man-child’s excessive desire to apologize in the moment. What Ortiz did to Mayweather during their infighting was wrong, and Cortez rightfully penalized him a point for it. The manner in which Ortiz completely lost his focus, while literally trying to kiss and make up with Mayweather immediately after initiating the foul, was unprofessional. What Mayweather did in order to land two cheap shots was extremely unprofessional.

In my opinion, it was just a step above Mike Tyson’s ear biting incident in the first Evander Holyfield fight.
    Mayweather, being a better boxer and slightly less bipolar than Tyson was in 1996, retaliated in a manner that wouldn’t get him DQ’d. He saw an opportunity to get a quick ending, or an offensive advantage at the very least, and he took it. It was a mean-spirited, vicious (no pun intended) act, and unless you’re a big Mayweather fan or someone who can’t stand Ortiz, it was upsetting. It left you with an ugly feeling about the sport.
    http://ring tv.craveonline.com/blog/...eather-mailbag
    (remove space)
    Yes
    43.31%
    No
    50.39%
    Maybe
    6.30%

Originally posted by SuckaPunch View Post
    from Dougie's mailbag

http://ring tv.craveonline.com/blog/...eather-mailbag
    (remove space)
    Here comes the Uncle Tom name calling by the *****s

Comment

lol at even trying to compare a legal hit with biting off a piece of ear

Comment

Honestly, the cheap shots were very disgusting.

I mean. I supported Mayweather when he tagged Mosley when Mosley was trying to smile and do daps with him.

But this is totally different. Referee is looking the complete other way. Trying to get the time called back in. How is that proper? Cortez didn't even know what the fuuck happened. Look at his face when Ortiz got popped. Cortez didn't even know the fight started.

Floyd's underhanded combo was disgusting and disgraceful. HOWEVER, it is in no way on the level of Tyson's ear biting incident. That was just absurd.

Comment

Doug Fischer's "I hate Floyd, Winky Wright is greater than him" act is getting tired, just like his weird ponytail.

Comment

Nahhhh, it aint worse than the Tyson ear biting. That's kinda pushing it a bit.

Comment

am i reading it right? a step above not a step below lol...dougie's gonna get some mad loving from *****s with that

Comment

and Doug forgot that the ear-biting incident was during the 2nd Tyson-Holyfield fight, not the first one

Comment

Originally posted by IMDAZED View Post
                  Doug Fischer's "I hate Floyd, Winky Wright is greater than him" act is getting tired, just like his weird ponytail.
                  ^^^ First ***** up to the plate!

Seriously though, as bad as it was it was hardly comparable to biting your opponents ear off and spitting it out in front of him.

Comment

The first Evander Holyfield fight????

Comment

Working...
                    X