Collapse
No announcement yet.

FAO Chief

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Here we go. Hopefully this works. I dont do this kinda stuff often.

Comment

Originally posted by Walt Liquor View Post
      pea, listen to chief,

hot 8 is the newest legit brass band in new orleans, rebirth, newbirth, dirty dozen..we got countless 2nd line brass bands...

chief, my joints from partners n crime were let tha good times roll and up early in the mornin..

im gonna be there for rebirth's annual show at the maple leaf on sunday nite too...

i cant wait
      We got to get together Bruhnlaw. We got to tear the Maple Leaf down one good time bruh. That ***** is on the bucket list ya heard me.
      Originally posted by sweetpea87 View Post
      You talking about some of my favorite kind of music here Walt man. I can't get enough of that New Orleans stuff! Though they might not be brass bands, The Meters are one of my all time favorites and the Neville Brothers as well.
      Aint nuthin Pea homie. It's all New Orleans bruh so it's all gravy baebae.

Comment

Originally posted by Walt Liquor View Post
        i grew up on that music pea,

i saw rebirth at damn cucoos mexican restaurant (only for the locals), an impromptu show, i saw them at city park just walking thru the park playin.

the mardi gras indians used to get together by my dad's motorcycle shop on broad street before they went to battle..
        I envy you Walt, I had to find out about this incredible music own my own since I grew up in small town in the midwest. I have definitely made up for it though since 2004 when I got into it. I'm a drummer and all I play is funk style drums, I'm pretty sure I was from New Orleans in my past life or some shit, cause I got that funk in my blood!

Comment

Here ya'll go. The World Famous Maple Leaf. April 2K11 on a Tuesday(Thats when Rebirth plays).

Comment

Since we talking about the funk I got to show the rest of the pictures I got. None are from New Orleans but they are the foundation of funk.

Fred Wesley-trombone player/band leader for James Brown from "Say it Loud" through the mid 70's off and on, the J.B.'s who also featured Bootsy Collins, Parliament and lots of his solo stuff. He came to Champaign and played with his latest band Abraham Inc, and then came to jam at a local club with local funk band Beat Kitchen, which is where these photos are from. I got to hang out with him all night, got pictures with him and all that good stuff.
            http://a4.sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphot...4_106253_n.jpg
            http://a6.sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphot..._5494622_n.jpg

This is sax legend Maceo Parker, the original band leader for James Brown when he started the funk, he also went on play Parliament when they started up a horn section at the same time Fred Wesley did, plus he did his own stuff with Maceo and the Macks, Prince and **** loads of other stuff

Here's a video of some of my favorite Maceo song
            Last edited by sweetpea87; 05-05-2011, 08:45 PM.

Comment

Since we talking about the funk I got to show the rest of the pictures I got. None are from New Orleans but they are the foundation of funk.

Fred Wesley-trombone player/band leader for James Brown from "Say it Loud" through the mid 70's off and on, the J.B.'s who also featured Bootsy Collins, Parliament and lots of his solo stuff. He came to Champaign and played with his latest band Abraham Inc, and then came to jam at a local club with local funk band Beat Kitchen, which is where these photos are from. I got to hang out with him all night, got pictures with him and all that good stuff.
              http://a4.sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphot...4_106253_n.jpg
              http://a6.sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphot..._5494622_n.jpg

This is sax legend Maceo Parker, the original band leader for James Brown when he started the funk, he also went on play Parliament when they started up a horn section at the same time Fred Wesley did, plus he did his own stuff with Maceo and the Macks, Prince and **** loads of other stuff

Here's a video of some of my favorite Maceo song
              I remember Maceo. And still jam Bootsy and Parliment from time to time. You talkin bout some damn good music right there SP87 bruh. The type of music that makes ya fell good from head to toe.

Comment

I can't get enough of that funky stuff! New Orleans got the best music ever

Comment

I can't get enough of that funky stuff! New Orleans got the best music ever
                  Oh yea. You soul is nice and old bruh. We got a bond fa sho SP homie.

Comment

I'm still pissed that Chief ain't gonna get the chance to kill Bin Laden.

Comment

Originally posted by Jim Jeffries View Post
                      I'm still pissed that Chief ain't gonna get the chance to kill Bin Laden.
                      Yea. Me too Jim. There goes my war story for the grand babies when I have some. I'm sure it's like arriving in Europe after Hitler was killed in a sense. But I'm proud to go to the Box to serve either way. Instead of Ivans at the range maybe the'll call um OBL's.

Comment

Working...
                      X