No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Anthony Yarde Batters, Stops Tony Averlant in Seven

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by mlac View Post

Now i realise why fish eyes refuses to put him in with domestic level guys.

Buglioni might actually beat him, burton too.
    He’d definitely be open to that Buglioni right hand, Buglioni can be vulnerable too though as can Burton, both would be good fights

Comment

• Yarde the new Eubank Jr. Teeing off on guys who can't hurt him back.

Comment

• Originally posted by White Willie View Post
        Let's just hope Yarde fights a good, natural, world-ranked Light Heavyweight some day.
        I think Buatsi cleans him up and he's had 2 pro fights!

Comment

• Did he show he had an engine? He fought at his own pace against a mobile punchbag.

Comment

• Originally posted by mlac View Post
            the perfect guys for a European champion is.....super middleweights?

his last opponent was a SWM too.
            He isn't European champion though is he. I'll let you in on a little secret...prospects being matched with lighter fighters and less capable fighters didn't begin today.

Comment

• "Beast from the East"? Is that Sergey Kovalev? That would be a painful night for Yarde.

Comment

• Comments Thread For: Anthony Yarde Batters, Stops Tony Averlant in Seven

York Hall, London - For the WBO Intercontinental and European Light Heavyweight titles, Anthony Yarde 15-0 (14KOs) stopped Tony Averlant 26-9-2 (5KOs) in seven rounds of action. Averlant's corner retired him at the end of round seven.
                [Click Here To Read More]

Comment

• Originally posted by White Willie View Post
                  14% KO percentage.
                  What's your point?

Would you rather he was making these mistakes against a puncher? I'm thinking yes...me I don't have an agenda. I see a raw prospect who needs more time.

Comment

• He's a KO waiting to happen, too open to that overhand right.

Comment

• Slowly but surely stepping him up, thought Yarde was following Averlant rather than cutting the ring off and lack of punch variety was keeping things relatively comfy for Averlant (even though he was down on cards). Once Yarde started to step it up and use more hooks, uppercuts it opened up Averant for the bodyshots and the knockdowns came and stoppage was a matter of time.

Comment

Working...
                      X