No announcement yet.

Billy collins

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Billy collins

Please tell me how far he could have gone..

Educate me.

Originally posted by Zaroku View Post
    Please tell me how far he could have gone..

Educate me.
    Hard to say given his competition and youth. But seeing as he has a close win over Harold Brazier I'd venture to say he had the ability to at least develop into contender status.

Comment

Yeah, probably even win a piece of the title, like the WBC belt.

Comment

Really hard to say on this one, but a top contender and landing a world title shot for sure.

Comment

Originally posted by JAB5239 View Post
          Hard to say given his competition and youth. But seeing as he has a close win over Harold Brazier I'd venture to say he had the ability to at least develop into contender status.
          I think he could have gotten a belt, a WBO at the min..

My first post back!

All that guy did was face a POS in Panama Luis etc.

Comment

Originally posted by Zaroku View Post
            I think he could have gotten a belt, a WBO at the min..

My first post back!

All that guy did was face a POS in Panama Luis etc.
            The WBO came way after Collins was around I believe.

Comment

Originally posted by OctoberRed View Post
              The WBO came way after Collins was around I believe.

You are correct. But, Collins was a really good fighter until that shellacking.

Comment

Billy Collins was similar in style to Darren Van Horn. personally i don't feel Collins would have went as far as Van Horn did as he caught all those punches from Louis Resto regardless of the tampering of his glove padding, he still got hit.

Comment

Originally posted by Big Dicko View Post
                  Billy Collins was similar in style to Darren Van Horn. personally i don't feel Collins would have went as far as Van Horn did as he caught all those punches from Louis Resto regardless of the tampering of his glove padding, he still got hit.
                  This is actually a very solid look at the topic.

Comment

Collins was being set-up for a shot at the WBC title (that is why he was on the Duran-Moore under card).

After the 'cheat' was exposed CBS (who aired the fight) wanted to give Collins a second fight (in 90 days; the damage to Collins was mostly soft tissue damage and would heal quickly; Resto couldn't punch.) but it was the father (so they say) who chose to go the law suit rout instead. Believing that a 100 million dollar law suit payment was a possibility, they refused the fight. Collins stopped fighting because the suit claimed his career was ruined. It took two years to legally shake out and all the suits were dismissed (the State of New York; CBS) by then Billy Collins was distraught and drinking.

To reply to the topic question directly, I agree with the above post, it is likely he gets a title shot, it is unlikely he becomes (or stays) a champion. Resto found it too easy to hit him.

Comment

Working...
                    X