• Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Vlad_ View Post
    Lomachenko has already proven himself
    Exactly WHO has Lomachenko beaten?

Comment

• Originally posted by Nay_Sayer View Post
      Exactly WHO has Lomachenko beaten?
      Lomachenko has beaten no relevant opponents.

And I agree with people here, he can't be compared to Pacquiao. Pacquiao was on a much higher level than Lomachenko will ever be.

It seems like this message board has some fetish for Eastern European fighters. They certainly don't have to achieve a lot before everyone regards them as the top of the sport.

Comment

• Originally posted by ShawnTaylor View Post

And I agree with people here, he can't be compared to Pacquiao. Pacquiao was on a much higher level than Lomachenko will ever be.

It seems like this message board has some fetish for Eastern European fighters. They certainly don't have to achieve a lot before everyone regards them as the top of the sport.
        they talk about how golovkin beat all these mandos and all that crap about his defenses....

then they turn around and take a 24 year old kid like tank davis

now tank davis just defeated the #1 contender for his old belt....now hes fighting the #2 ranked guy for lomas wba belt so he can try to get mando position on a fight they swear they want...and theyre out here crying about how gamboa aint legit or good enough and means nothing

its unreal how clownish and stupid these guys are

davis is a 24 year old kid making close to around what loma makes a fight and is about to be on his 7th straight appearance on either showtime or ppv....at 24!!!!

I have no real beef with loma...but they praised golovkin for years for his mando defenses and cans in his 30s....but get heated that davis "aint fought no one"....lol

Comment

• Originally posted by ShawnTaylor View Post
          Listen. Do me a quick favor. If you've seen me post before, you'll know I don't joke or troll. Can you please tell me your age, what part of the world do you live in and do you have any fights (actually sanctioned boxing matches)?

Comment

• Originally posted by Lomadeaux View Post
            Listen. Do me a quick favor. If you've seen me post before, you'll know I don't joke or troll. Can you please tell me your age, what part of the world do you live in and do you have any fights (actually sanctioned boxing matches)?
            Don't go around asking people about their age, it makes you seem like a pedophile.

Comment

• Originally posted by Curt Henning View Post
              they talk about how golovkin beat all these mandos and all that crap about his defenses....

then they turn around and take a 24 year old kid like tank davis
              Nobody wanted to fight GGG in his prime, as he was trying to build a career at his best weight, and got robbed when he finally started getting what he wanted. Tank was rewarded for sidestepping fighters in his division, who wanted to fight him. There's a difference.

Originally posted by Curt Henning View Post
              now tank davis just defeated the #1 contender for his old belt....
              Who are you talking about? He beat Pedraza over 2 years ago, and Cuellar lost the regular belt to Mares, one division below, before taking a 2 year layoff going into the Tank bout.

now hes fighting the #2 ranked guy for lomas wba belt so he can try to get mando position on a fight they swear they want...and theyre out here crying about how gamboa aint legit or good enough and means nothing
              Gamboa's not good enough, and beating him at this point doesn't say much. I don't know who he beat to get the position. Last time I checked, Rocky Martinez has been irrelevant for a while, and turned out to be even further past his prime than Gamboa going into that match.

its unreal how clownish and stupid these guys are
              Look who's talkin'.

davis is a 24 year old kid making close to around what loma makes a fight and is about to be on his 7th straight appearance on either showtime or ppv....at 24!!!!
              This is a "What can you do for me now" sport. Who has Tank beaten since Pedraza? His best opponent since was a smaller, inactive former paper champion. I don't care if he's 24, he had guys lining up to fight him at 130, Loma included, and ducked all of them to fight bums. You don't get to use your age as an excuse, once you become a world champion.

Comment

• Originally posted by DumpkinsPlus5 View Post
                So, Loma has to prove himself by fighting Crawford...someone else who hasn't proved himself according to your standards? The fact that you used Crawford as the person that he needs to prove himself against is pure hypocrisy. Everything you said can be applied to Crawford, and at a much higher degree at that. Watch this...
                Crawford doesn't have a loss to a journeyman...

Comment

• Originally posted by Slicc View Post
                  Nobody wanted to fight GGG in his prime, as he was trying to build a career at his best weight, and got robbed when he finally started getting what he wanted. Tank was rewarded for sidestepping fighters in his division, who wanted to fight him. There's a difference.

Who are you talking about? He beat Pedraza over 2 years ago, and Cuellar lost the regular belt to Mares, one division below, before taking a 2 year layoff going into the Tank bout.

Gamboa's not good enough, and beating him at this point doesn't say much. I don't know who he beat to get the position. Last time I checked, Rocky Martinez has been irrelevant for a while, and turned out to be even further past his prime than Gamboa going into that match.

Look who's talkin'.

This is a "What can you do for me now" sport. Who has Tank beaten since Pedraza? His best opponent since was a smaller, inactive former paper champion. I don't care if he's 24, he had guys lining up to fight him at 130, Loma included, and ducked all of them to fight bums. You don't get to use your age as an excuse, once you become a world champion.
                  in tanks fight did he not beat the #1 contender for the belt he had?

Is tank not about to fight the #2 wba ranked guy for lomas belt in order to try to force mando status?

Comment

• Originally posted by Curt Henning View Post
                    ward had no idea the Lemieux fight was signed...no way of knowing....and even then he still said "go take the fight" and well talk after...but team golovkin flat out refused and said No thanks within minutes

he told golovkin they could each take a tuneup in early 2016 and then fight...

it was only after being completely rebuffed by team golovkin that he decided he was going to focus on kovalev and move fully to 175...hence the weight for paul smith keeping between classes in case golovkin grew a pair

and you think he was trying to get pub off golovkins name with no intention to fight when kovalev was very arguably the tougher test at the time? lol

that was late 2015 when ward approached about a fight in 2016....he didn't get canelo till like September 2017

you keep saying you "think"...but its really what you want to hope it was...deep down you know facts and logic don't support what you "think".....

171 for smith says he was keeping his body between classes to approach golovkin about a 168 fight...if golovkin rebuffed, which he did, then it was full on time to move

ward didn't need 3 tuneups for kovalev....smith was a comeback, get feet wet again, public sparring session....there was no kov deal yet and it was only rumored that's what hed do if golovkin didn't want to fight

barrera was the only real tuneup for kovalev

the brand fight was a joke...ward had been out of action and missing paydays...so he basically forced HBO to hand him another 2 mil for a glorified sparring sesh because he knew they were desperate to get a ward/kov fight so he basically held them hostage(well not really since they basically handed it right over)

I didn't spin anything about ward/smith...you are just delusional and a pro golovkin guy through and through...and like 98 percent of you yall just make excuses...I didn't have to spin anything....

golovkin was "due his legacy fight" and didn't get it till almost two years after ward approached him lol...that's called wasting time...don't act like team golovkin had no idea people were going to put off his "legacy fight" either....acting like they were just clueless! lol....just more excuse making
                    Lol bro...you are honestly just way off on so much of that...just not worth our time really...GGG was a legit 'star' at that point btw, bigger than Kovalev...thus why Ward would want to get pub off of his name...and yes Canelo dropped the belt/paid step aside money after the Cotto fight rather than fight GGG so that prolonged GGG's payday.

I honestly think you are getting your info on a lot of that stuff from bad sources...and a lot of it can be proven the other way...but if you want to double down on that stuff it's fine man...I just have no interest in debating over stuff that is subjective/the other way that you seem intent on spinning your way...no offense just a waste of time.

Comment

• Originally posted by Boxing1013 View Post
                      Lol bro...you are honestly just way off on so much of that...just not worth our time really...GGG was a legit 'star' at that point btw, bigger than Kovalev...thus why Ward would want to get pub off of his name...and yes Canelo dropped the belt/paid step aside money after the Cotto fight rather than fight GGG so that prolonged GGG's payday.

I honestly think you are getting your info on a lot of that stuff from bad sources...and a lot of it can be proven the other way...but if you want to double down on that stuff it's fine man...I just have no interest in debating over stuff that is subjective/the other way that you seem intent on spinning your way...no offense just a waste of time.
                      Curt Henning stated nothing but facts. Please, enlighten me about where he was wrong? Golovkin ducked Ward and spoke empty words about wanting to fight anyone from 154 to 168, but he never left his comfort zone and he never reacted when presented with a chance to prove his greatness. Fakk Golovkin, he's just a loudmouth coward who should have stayed in Boratstan.

Comment

Working...
                      X