Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Worse? Floyd retiring to not fight WWs in their prime/ Manny and his superstitions?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by O.S.I.R.I.S View Post
    Manny has consistantly fought the best available....whereas Floyd has not. End of thread.
    Was Diaz the best at 135? How about Cotto when Mosley was rated #1?

Comment

Manny has consistantly fought the best available....whereas Floyd has not. End of thread.
      Why didn't he fight SSM if he always fights the best?

Comment

floyd retiring to avoid prime WWs. manny's superstitions may be ridiculous to some but he believes in them like he believes in his religion.

Comment

Who did PBF really duck? Floyd ducking a p4p opponent is just a myth of *******s. Hatton, DLH, Judah, Gatti,..........all top contenders or HOFers. Haters should finally appreciate that PBF came out of retirement to give us some more of his exciting bouts. btw, PBF/SSM will be da bomb!

Comment

Originally posted by INVINCEABLE View Post
            Pacquiao's superstitions.

When Mayweather retired:
            Mosley had lost against Cotto the month before his fight with Hatton.
            Berto was a rising star, not well known.
            Margarito had lost to Paul Williams.
            Williams lost to Quintana 2 months after Mayweather's fight with Hatton.
            Clottey was fighting on Versus.

Mayweather-De La Hoya 2 was next for him, so the Cotto fight wasn't going to happen. Cotto would face Margarito and lose. He's back at the right time.
            I don't think you can blame one or the other.....Manny's superstition definately is LAME.....but Floyd retiring is too....robbing us of potential mega fights....

Mosley loss to Cotto....but it was a war....Floyd diddn't want none...
            Berto was a BEAST...being so green, an 80/20 split with Berto would've been easy to negotiate.
            Margarito lost to P-willy....so why diddn't he fight P-Willy? (don't give me the "they have the same manager excuse")
            Williams aveneged his loss via 1st round TKO. Again, BEAST, Floyd diddn't want any.
            Clottey was fighting on VS.....so he = (at the time) high risk low reward.
            DLH II was up, supposed easy money (at least $30-$35mili) and he chose to "retire".
            Cotto and Margarito fought because there was no one else to fight each other of worth.

So now he's "back at the right time" why? After everyone has been thru wars? Yet they are suddenly past their prime when a Manny or Floyd gets their hands on them? Manny at least was still campaining in the 135-140 divisions (back then it was crazy to call Manny a legit WW!)

Floyd also shares the blame for robbing the fans of prime vs. prime WW fights.

Comment

Originally posted by Six Shooter View Post
              Was Diaz the best at 135? How about Cotto when Mosley was rated #1?
              Who won between Cotto and Mosley?

Comment

Originally posted by California Love View Post
                Why didn't he fight SSM if he always fights the best?
                I guess you missed the fight in which Cotto outboxed Sugar Shane. Even shane admitted he lost so why can't you?

Bottom line....Cotto>>Shane.

Comment

And? Mosley was viewed as the best WW by most and rated #1 at WW when Pacquiao fought Cotto.

Comment

Originally posted by California Love View Post
                    Floyd came back and fought the guy who outboxed Manny twice and is fighting the guy who Team Pac said was too good for Manny.

Floyd has fought better competition since he came back.
                    *******s and *****s see things thru their own tunnel vision.....

Was the version of Marquez the same one that outboxed Manny twice? If you say yes...then your classified as a *****.

Even Roach thought that Manny wouldn't be able to carry power/speed with him to full blow WW. The Cotto fight was proof that he could....I don't see anymore catchweight BS coming from Pac's team.

Comment

Split decision win for Cotto. I thought it was a draw.

Cotto was destroyed by Margarito. Mosley destroyed Margarito, becoming the man at welterweight. Mosley was available, but Pacquiao wanted Cotto or should I say Top Rank ordered Pacquiao to fight Cotto.

Comment

Working...
                      X