No announcement yet.

wow..

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• wow..

my first fight I lost due my shoulder dislocating and the doctor calling it off. Had an MRI scheduled and the pain pretty much went away. Took the MRI, today I find out I have some sort of humerus deformity called hill-sachs. This deformity makes my shoulder not fit right into the sockets and causes it to dislocate, and it was aggravated by my fight. When the shoulder dislocated, it fractured itself on it way back in, making it even worse. So now ontop off a deformity, i have a fracture also. The doctor says 7 weeks of PT, and if PT doesn't work shes gonna have to operate. so im pretty much SOL, and very down about the whole thing. I mean I train for 1 yearr, **** ate and dream about boxing for a year, get my first fight, lose because of this, and now I might not be able return to the sport I love. Not to mention my grades were ****ty, and I'm in summerschool as well. i mean, i started out as a 5'9 240 pound kid who had nothing but video games and being an ******* to his life. boxing made me cut down to 189 and gave me alot more confidence and everything, and now I cant do it. but as someone once said when god closes a window he opens a door. So I've decided im gonna run a marathon with the next few months instead. My parents have also bought me a sweet mountain/trail bike so I can stop mopping around the house all day. thats the rant, just had to get that out. thanks for reading

Damn man that ****ing sucks!

Comment

Sorry to hear that man... Keep the faith, where there's a will, there's a way!

Comment

Damn it sucks to be you bro. Keep ya head up, son.

Comment

Kudos to you! I'm planning on running a marathon too, but not in the next few months, I wouldn't make it right now. I've done a few half marathons and was absolutely wasted afterwards, and I don't wanna quit during a whole marathon, so I'll keep doing roadwork for a while first. Good luck to ya..

Comment

Oh, and my boss had the exact same shoulder problem, it would actually pop out spontaneaously, whilst he was on the phone. He's had surgery though, and no problem eversince. Then again he doesn't box :-)

Comment

Working...
            X