No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Javier Fortuna-Luis Franco Close For 8/2 on ESPN FNF

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Javier Fortuna-Luis Franco Close For 8/2 on ESPN FNF

BoxingScene has been advised by sources close to the negotiations that a deal is imminent to match featherweights Javier Fortuna and Luis Franco on August 2 on ESPN's "Friday Night Fights." The three locations being considered are Las Vegas, Atlantic City and Oklahoma.

Fortuna (22-0, 16 KOs) is quickly establishing himself as one of the biggest punchers in the sport. In his last bout, he scored a highlight reel knockout of lightly regarded featherweight Miguel Zamudio.
    [Click Here To Read More]

dumba$$ Franco, he's getting knocked out for the same money that wasn't enough to fight Billy Dib for a full belt

Comment

Originally posted by HeroBando
      dumba$$ Franco, he's getting knocked out for the same money that wasn't enough to fight Billy Dib for a full belt
      Yea... Can't find myself rooting for Franco in this one.

Posted from Boxingscene.com App for Android

Comment

Originally posted by HeroBando View Post
        Why knocked out? Is Fortuna really that good? Franco isn't bad at all. He got robbed versus Muņoz. You're right about Dib, though. Luis screwed up on that one. He definitely could've snatched that belt. I'm glad he's getting another chance on FNF. I thought Franco might've shot himself in the foot.

Comment

it could be a tough fight for Fortuna. this is the same Luis Franco that Gary Russell Jr. straight ducked after losing a purse bid.

http://www.boxingscene.com/gary-russ...o-clash--53838

some times it isn't who you beat but who ducks you that's important

Comment

That's actually a very intriguing ESPN fight

Comment

Originally posted by rey guey View Post
              it could be a tough fight for Fortuna. this is the same Luis Franco that Gary Russell Jr. straight ducked after losing a purse bid.

http://www.boxingscene.com/gary-russ...o-clash--53838

some times it isn't who you beat but who ducks you that's important
              I only saw Franco fight once, against Muņoz. Luis has kind of an old-school Cuban way about him. Tough to tell with only one fight, but Franco seems like a solid opponent for almost anyone.

Comment

Originally posted by PBP View Post
                That's actually a very intriguing ESPN fight
                Have you seen both guys fight? What's your take?

Comment

Originally posted by CubanGuyNYC View Post
                  Why knocked out? Is Fortuna really that good? Franco isn't bad at all. He got robbed versus Muņoz. You're right about Dib, though. Luis screwed up on that one. He definitely could've snatched that belt. I'm glad he's getting another chance on FNF. I thought Franco might've shot himself in the foot.
                  He is, and his defense is shitty. He has heart, tough dude but I can clearly see how this one ends.

Comment

Hopefully my Cuban brother knocks out this glass jawed dumb Dominican fraud.

Comment

Working...
                    X