Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Should Ward have fought Bute before Froch did? Was Bute deserving?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Should Ward have fought Bute before Froch did? Was Bute deserving?

Just curious what you guys think looking back on things.
    Yes
    51.85%
    No
    48.15%

The poll is expired.

He was injured, wasn't he?

Comment

NO.......Bute is and was overrated,he went life and death with Andrade and should of lost but they cheated,it was only a matter of time before he fought a legit world class fighter and got exposed.along came Froch and took his soul,he shouldn't rematch Froch because he will get smashed again.

Ward would of stopped him too,he's not in the same league as the big boys at SMW

Comment

Nah for me it was ok. Bute should have been in the super six to begin with.

Comment

Good pay day for Ward, good name on his resume.

Didn't deserve the shot but it would've been better than Dawson turned out to be at 168. Hell after Bute he could'ved taken a few more fights then moved up to take Dawson on at 175.

Comment

30 - 0 world champion, I'd say he deserved a beating off Ward. Good thing Froch got there first, it's a huge addition to his resume.

Comment

He was the best after froch, so yea

Comment

Yes, he should have taken care of Bute and gotten a huge check at the same time. Bute already had several top 10 wins on his resume and the fight was as big as it was ever going to be. Froch got a ton of credit for Bute and so would have Ward. Dawson could have waited until Ward is ready move to 175. Now when does move up, nobody is going to want to see a Ward/Dawson rematch, which won't allow Ward to grab the lineal championship.

Comment

Yeah and I'd still like to even see the fight now.

This ridiculous notion that because Froch destroyed Bute automatically means we should never see Bute-Ward is hilarious.

Yet we're gonna see Ward-Pavlik instead...

Comment

Ward seemed upset at Bute's slickness and self praise. Slickness in the aspect of waiting to get the winner of the Super 6 all tired coming from back to back to back hard fights. And self praise in the way like, i'm the king, the winner of this; fights me. Ward felt that Bute should have done more to get him, because he felt he was the absolute best. Not to mention he was banged up with his right hand.

Comment

Working...
                    X