No announcement yet.

How often do you write in cursive?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How often do you write in cursive?

When you sign your name, that's about all I could think of. I was having a small debate with the fam, saying the school system should do without cursive. Honestly, it's a pointless thing to learn and we should do without it all together. Way back in the day people used stones to write on and now we use computers to do it. Things change and cursive is something we can do without.

The fam says I'm trying to dumb down the already dumbed down school system but I disagree. Do away with cursive and teach something else.

Only when I sign my name. The last time I wrote any kind of essay in cursive was probably in the 6th grade. Once I was told it wasn't required I went straight back to print and never went back to cursive. As it is in college (at least in mine) all essays have to be done on the computer in MLA format. Hopefully, that is what they're teaching kids in schools these days.

Comment

Cursive, what in the hell is that?

Comment

I write pretty much everything in cursive, even when I print, it ends up being a mix of both.

But, I hardly physically write anything now, everything is all computers.

Comment

Originally posted by *Boss Lady* View Post
          I write pretty much everything in cursive, even when I print, it ends up being a mix of both.

But, I hardly physically write anything now, everything is all computers.
          Same.

Actually I had a hard time with it as a kid for some reason. My teacher had to batter it into me. Now I write everything in 'joined lettering' as it's called here.

Comment

Never.....

Comment

Holiday cards, birthday cards, thank you notes, signing checks, etc.

Comment

Never and I do not see why they taught us to write that way.

Comment

Only when I have to sign something.

Comment

My handwriting constantly changes for some reason so I'll switch off between cursive and print. I don't see why it should be completely be done away with though.

Comment

Working...
                    X