No announcement yet.

question for the pros

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• question for the pros

whats up guys ive been boxing know for about 4 years im 22 and want some advice,my goal is to turn pro when in 24 i belive ill be in the best shape of my life and have enough experience under my belt to be legitamate,the only thing that scares me is im a realest i have a kid to support and i know i cant quit my job even when i go pro cuz i know the paydays arnt enough to support us,so my question is do you think you can have a full time job and be a legitamate contender or will i just end up being a ringer,because all i know is that the greats didnt have to work they had the way paved for them,anyway thanks.

dont know what to tell u mann, all i can say is good luck with your career if u choose to turn pro. good luck mann . peace brotha.

Comment

hells no you dont have to quit your job train after work my trainer goes to college and work and is still training for his professinal fights another thing to look into in become a trainer at a gym for a job train kids make money and then in between sessions workout for your fights that would deffinatley be the easiest way not to have any stress about pay and boxing

Comment

appericiate your comments guys,im registerd in usa as a particapent would i have to get coach registration to work for a gym?

Comment

Don't have any real good advice except follow your dreams and keep being a good dad because it is obvious you are and good luck.

Comment

raseed thanks alot man that means alot...rockin i currently reside in reno nv and i train at koncrete gym owned by kelvin davis and his brother kelly (ex ibf cruiser champ)kelly actually trains me and i do get alot of work with pros and like i said i am a realest i know im not gonna get the big bucks right off the bat but you wouldnt belive how dedicated ive been and i know the nature of the sport and everything else that goes with it but imo every pro i spar with with the exception of kelvin i defeinatly can hold my own,and like i said i would turn pro in about 2 yrs id be 24 that would give me ample time to maybe compete in some nationals anyway thanks for the posts

Comment

dont know greg rice,what i do know is that there is a crap load of work for carpenters plumbers elec, etc i think here in reno is the fastest growin city in the nation so youll for surely get paid

Comment

Working...
              X