No announcement yet.

Lomo Got An * On His Chin

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by LockardTheGOAT View Post
    It was a flash knockdown + He lost balance more than anything. And Linares was bigger and stronger anyway and got a really good, clean shot in.

Keep reaching.
    He lost his balance, really? If that get's you to sleep at night, so be it! That's what happens when you get hit and go down, you lose your balance!

Footwork 101

Originally posted by ea22 View Post
    Lomachenko is undersized for the weight, Linares looked much bigger than him. Not his natural weight class at all, guy is not that short but he has a very narrow frame.
    This is his natural weight. He's just not the superman y'all thought he was. Lomo been a weight bully, now he knows what it feels like.

Lomo: 5'7" 65"
    Linares: 5'8" 69"

Originally posted by CubanGuyNYC View Post
    Lomo was squared-up. That’s why he went down. It was a perfect shot, too. Linares may not be able to knock down walls; but under the circumstances, many good fighters would’ve landed on their asses. I’m not saying Vasil has a great chin — I really don’t know yet — but that’s my point. I don’t think that knockdown proved anything.

Great fight, by the way.
    He wasn't squared up at all, look at the gif ^, perfect boxing stance. Look, I even screenshooted it for you!

Not squared! Why y'all making shít up when there is video out there?

What do you mean perfect, that it landed? It was just a little pop-shot, nothing special. His chin is suspect at his natural weight and that's a fact. That's why he likes to play weight games because he knows weight is his cryptonite.
    Last edited by McNulty; 05-13-2018, 12:30 PM.

Comment

He walked into a great counter, fell and got right back up

Comment

Originally posted by Julia Slobberts View Post
        And Linares isn't known as a big puncher.
        True. Lomachenko is a ****ing bum.

Comment

You guys dont know **** about boxing..

Comment

Originally posted by larryxxx.. View Post
            He walked into a great counter, fell and got right back up
            What's so great about it? A great counter is like a check-hook or a pull counter, this was a simple peck-and-shoot. Entry level counter-punching.

Lomo was getting caught with left hooks all night. If Linares had any power in his left hook Lomo would have been sleeping by the 6th.

Comment

Okay. Let's simplify this: he got punched in the face, it resulted in a knockdown. Okay. That's boxing.

Does he still have great footwork? Yes. Is he still very good? Yes.

Knockdowns don't negate things. For instance, if GGG were to get dropped, it doesn't mean he's no longer a really strong puncher. Just because Linares got TKO'd by Loma doesn't mean he's not a good boxer with a really good punch arsenal.

Comment

Originally posted by CubanGuyNYC View Post
                Lomo was squared-up. That’s why he went down. It was a perfect shot, too. Linares may not be able to knock down walls; but under the circumstances, many good fighters would’ve landed on their asses. I’m not saying Vasil has a great chin — I really don’t know yet — but that’s my point. I don’t think that knockdown proved anything.

Great fight, by the way.
                Loma squares up quite a bit.

Comment

Originally posted by Street15 View Post
                  Okay. Let's simplify this: he got punched in the face, it resulted in a knockdown. Okay. That's boxing.

Does he still have great footwork? Yes. Is he still very good? Yes.

Knockdowns don't negate things. For instance, if GGG were to get dropped, it doesn't mean he's no longer a really strong puncher. Just because Linares got TKO'd by Loma doesn't mean he's not a good boxer with a really good punch arsenal.
                  GGG is 36, Lomo is 30. GGG has 39 pro fights, Lomo has 12. GGG is out of his peak, Lomo is in the middle of his peak. Not really a fair comparison.

Lomo's footwork isn't that good trust me. Most boxers have terrible footwork these days so someone with decent gets super props. If his footwork was so good, he wouldn't have gotten caught OUTSIDE of the pocket.

Do you even know what it means to get hit with a right hand outside of the pocket for a southpaw? You get caught inside the pocket with a right hand being a SP, not outside. Outside you should be safe if you know what you're doing because thats the dam point lmao. But his angle of footwork got him caught, dat footwork doe!

Originally posted by IMDAZED View Post
                  Loma squares up quite a bit.
                  He's not squared up for the knockdown though.

Is Linares was the Red Arrow, yea Lomo is squared. But no, that's legit not squared.
                  Last edited by McNulty; 05-13-2018, 12:21 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by McNulty View Post
                    GGG is 36, Lomo is 30. GGG has 39 pro fights, Lomo has 12. GGG is out of his peak, Lomo is in the middle of his peak. Not really a fair comparison.

Lomo's footwork isn't that good trust me. Most boxers have terrible footwork these days so someone with decent gets super props. If his footwork was so good, he wouldn't have gotten caught OUTSIDE of the pocket.

Do you even know what it means to get hit with a right hand outside of the pocket for a southpaw? You get caught inside the pocket with a right hand being a SP, not outside. Outside you should be safe if you know what you're doing because thats the dam point lmao. But his angle of footwork got him caught, dat footwork doe!

He's not squared up for the knockdown though.

I’ll look again. He was open as hell, something I saw a lot of.

Comment

He was put down but he still had his legs, I didn’t think he saw that punch, there were other times that Linares hurt him last night. He saw those punches coming but he was still buzz by them. This was a tough fight before last night and it shows how good both fighters were. I really do think he should stay away from Garcia doe.

Comment

Working...
                      X