Collapse
No announcement yet.

improving hand speed and left hook??!!

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• improving hand speed and left hook??!!

Im 23 and new to boxing although boxing has been my favourite sport all my life iv just never had the confidence or bottle to join a gym so stuck to football.

I use my heavy bag most nights (probably picked up alot of bad habits)!! I sometimes feel like my hand speed is sluggish and being right handed my left hook feels akward to throw. whats the best way to improve my hand speed ?

Originally posted by jamieliverpool View Post
    Im 23 and new to boxing although boxing has been my favourite sport all my life iv just never had the confidence or bottle to join a gym so stuck to football.

I use my heavy bag most nights (probably picked up alot of bad habits)!! I sometimes feel like my hand speed is sluggish and being right handed my left hook feels akward to throw. whats the best way to improve my hand speed ?
    1. Join a gym.
    2. Join a gym.
    3. Join a gym.

Comment

Originally posted by SBleeder View Post
      1. Join a gym.
      2. Join a gym.
      3. Join a gym.
      Definitely. New people join boxing gyms everyday without any knowledge of the sport at all.

Comment

dude, these guys are gonna swarm you with thier "join a Gym" stuff. Which is true but thier is alot of knowledge out thier like youtube, boxingscene, Google, etc.... if you wanna sharpen up. But if your serious join a BOXING GYM.
        Check out my vid

Comment

fuk the videos and what anybody tells you here. Join a gym and you'll understand. To improve hand speed and your left hook you need proper training.

Comment

Originally posted by mikeyh1015 View Post
            dude, these guys are gonna swarm you with thier "join a Gym" stuff. Which is true but thier is alot of knowledge out thier like youtube, boxingscene, Google, etc.... if you wanna sharpen up. But if your serious join a BOXING GYM.
            Check out my vid

VIDEO SO BAD THAT IT WAS REMOVED

I don't now why you brag about that video of yours in every post if you at least did something good in it you'd have an excuse...

Comment

Originally posted by mikeyh1015 View Post
              Check out my vid

you and the guy in the video have to start from the basics,stand in front of a mirror and throw jabs and combos,step side to side feint here and there step around come under slip hook right, left,do this for a couple of months then hit the bag,

Comment

Speedball ..But then again it takes a lot of practise to even have a rythm.

I suggest try using very light dumbell when shadow boxing.something like 2lbs. but make sure it's a controlled punches or else you might hyper-extend.

You will see and feel the difference right away.

Comment

Working...
                X