No announcement yet.

Everest Base Camp Trek - Who's in?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by timbatron View Post
    It costs more like £70,000 UK to climb Everest.

Anyway, I just want to make the trek to base camp, I think it would be a great experience. Hopefully most of the crowds will be gone by September time too.

Would be great if 3-4 boxing scene guys made the trip. It's that or I'm going solo. Which will be more challenging but just as fun. Love solitude.

Great pics as well alan!
    solo? how long does it take to ascend and descend? do you camp outside (i would think that's obvious) what sort of wild life is up and around there?

damn/i may be too much of a city **** but the idea of doing it alone gives me the creeps.

Comment

Originally posted by Timothy Horton View Post
      one more reason why i won't be doing it. lol
      Yeah even if you go by yourself you have to pay big money lol. But they advise in hiring those sherpas to guide you and what not. Even if i was in tip top shape I doubt I would climb that thing lol. I read stories of people going blind going up that mountain and had to sit there until they die. Not my cup of tea anyways. Id go to the base and check it out for something to do tho

This site shows the costs for everything

http://outdoors.whatitcosts.com/mt-everest-pg2.htm

Comment

Going in 3 weeks lads

Jiri - Gokyo - EBC - Lukla

Can't wait. Spending a month in Nepal then coming home before I fly out to Thailand for another 6 weeks in January.

Going to be an amazing few months indeed!

Comment

My flights are on Friday lads. Going to take a massive dump on Everest and dedicate it to all you c*nts!!!

Comment

Working...
          X