Collapse
No announcement yet.

**the official la lakers thread**

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• It's been great Phill.....thank you for all the championships.....

Appreciating the Zen Master in full

Simmons By Bill Simmons
    ESPN.com
    Archive | Contact

When I met the greatest living basketball coach for lunch in late March, the Lakers were rolling and Phil Jackson was feeling pretty good. Just not physically. He ambled through the doorway of an El Segundo restaurant, a thin smile spread across his face, looking like one of the surviving heroes in a Michael Bay movie. Everything above his belt lurched forward, as if he were straining to see out a window. To relieve the pressure on his aching knees, he jutted out his butt behind him, so it seemed like he was hobbling on broken glass. Structurally, the man looked broken.

We shook hands and Phil slid into a wooden booth, then figured out the best way for his body to settle. The same way you'd balance yourself on a raft in a pool. For the first few minutes, he sat upright with his elbows resting on the table. Eventually he shifted his weight to the left, bent his body that direction, put everything on his left elbow and remained that way. Like how you might read a book in bed. A few minutes later, he gathered himself a second time, straightened himself, stuck out those famously long arms and leaned on those elbows again. Once upon a time, Jackson impressed an NBA scout by sitting in the back seat of a Volkswagen and opening all four doors with those arms. Now he was using them to support his weight.

Somewhere between his second and third strategic realignment, I realized something: Phil Jackson definitely wasn't coaching next season. And probably, never again.

Rest of article here

http://sports.espn.go.com/espn/page2...3&sportCat=nba

Comment

• A millionaire, a legend, the best to ever do it.

Enjoy your life Phil...

Comment

• as a fan born out of showtime and a fan that puts showtime lakers above all, i will admit that Phil > Riley

thank you Zen Master for 11 years of brilliance in Los Angeles...enjoy your well earned retirement...you shall be missed...especially when our new coach calls too many timeouts

Comment

• Originally posted by -MAKAVELLI- View Post
          as a fan born out of showtime and a fan that puts showtime lakers above all, i will admit that Phil > Riley

thank you Zen Master for 11 years of brilliance in Los Angeles...enjoy your well earned retirement...you shall be missed...especially when our new coach calls too many timeouts

Bring us another A List player this year!

Comment

• Originally posted by -MAKAVELLI- View Post
            as a fan born out of showtime and a fan that puts showtime lakers above all, i will admit that Phil > Riley

Addlemen is going to have a HUGE void to "PHILL" ..........

Editor's note:
            yes lame joke.....so sue me........
            Last edited by extracurRICular; 05-13-2011, 12:08 PM.

Comment

• Kareem wants a statue....and is pissed at the Lakers Organization.........you in or out??

Listen as a die hard Laker fan I appreciate what Kareem did for the LakeShow........but I had the "displeasure" of meeting Mr Abdul-Jabbar......and well there isn't a pretty way of saying it......the guy is a complete and utter JERK......He thinks he is above everyone not realizing that with out us "the fans" they "the athletes" are nothing much other than physically gifted human beings....I've had the opportunity to meet many other great athletes and non of them have come across as arrogant and egotistical as Mr Abdul-Jabbar.........Karma......it's a b1tch aint' it???

Comment

• Oh god, the reality is starting to kick in. Sad day in LA fo sho. Now we gotta focus on the future, the show goes on. Thanks PJ!!!

Comment

• Originally posted by Deedubbzz07 View Post
                  Oh god, the reality is starting to kick in. Sad day in LA fo sho. Now we gotta focus on the future, the show goes on. Thanks PJ!!!
                  the future you say????

or perhaps......

The future looks goooooooooooooood!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

• this thread is rated far too high, should be 1.5 stars max

Comment

• Originally posted by Walt Liquor View Post
                      this thread is rated far too high, should be 1.5 stars max

**** im out of red K today already

Comment

Working...
                      X