Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Victor Ortiz: "I'm tired of being quiet. I want Pacquiao, Bradley, Khan and Maidana"

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Considering the stupid comments that he makes when he is interviewed i hope he does stay quiet. I don't think he is ready for the big time, the fight against Harris didn't prove anything (except that Harris is only a fraction of what he used to be). I don't get a good feeling when i think of what is going to become of Ortiz.

Comment

Originally posted by PainKiller View Post
      Behind the scene interviews he seems pretty cool. Most boxers are, but after a hard fight, or maybe in a big arena, they get nervous and are full of adreniline.

GBP are tryign to promote him to be a big star, and Khan too. It may work out well
      Even in the staged features HBO did on Ortiz, he seemed flat and unengaging and, what's worse, just a little false. Even his 'tough luck growing up' stories sounded hackneyed and failed to move me. I find Khan's simple yarn about how he took up boxing as a way to focus his childhood hyperactivity refreshing by comparison.

That's not saying I dislike Ortiz or wish any misfortune on him, just that the company presentation of his image and persona, the character they want him to project, seems to sit uncomfortably with his actual personal manner (seen in more candid, less staged interview scenarios). None of it seems to gel, he doesn't pull it off.

Comment

The Ko win over Harris boosted up his confidence, about as much as the Maidana loss brought it down. He still seems a little fragile mentally, we will have to wait and see how he handle's adversity again.

Comment

bump for the idiots

Comment

Originally posted by onechance87 View Post
            bump for the idiots
            What's changed? I doubt anybody's predictions of how these fights would go have changed. Even before the Berto fight many said he'd beat Maidana. And I still wouldn't pick him over Pac, Khan or Bradley. He'd certainly have a good shot at beating Khan and Bradley though.

Comment

he beats Khan for sure IMO

i'd like to think he beats bradley too and should get maidana in the rematch

pac?

Comment

Ortiz ain't beating Bradley or Pac....go for Khan after Bradley beats him or beat Maidana down...silence the critics man.

Comment

Originally posted by BoxerDood View Post
                  What's changed? I doubt anybody's predictions of how these fights would go have changed. Even before the Berto fight many said he'd beat Maidana. And I still wouldn't pick him over Pac, Khan or Bradley. He'd certainly have a good shot at beating Khan and Bradley though.
                  people are saying he didnt want a rematch with maidana.I'm just bumping
                  it to show ortiz did want a rematch.

Comment

Bradley beats Ortiz and it will be a blow out..

Comment

All these fights would be big draws. I like Victor a lot, but he doesnt have the boxing skills to out box Bradley or Khan. Another war with MM is a possibility.

Comment

Working...
                      X