Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Who created the myth that you have to bounce back from Defeat or a KO/KD to be great?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Walt Liquor View Post
    How you react to defeat says a lot about character. Some guys lose their 0 and become shells of their former self. It's a lot harder to pick yourself up and get better.

Did someone mention hamed? Weird?
    What about the guy who is so strong mentally and so good physically that he never loses. Whats that say about a guy like that?

Comment

Originally posted by Bootneck View Post
      Naseem Hamed dominated the 126 division for years.

If it wasn't for boxing org politics he would have held all 4 major titles.

Because he didn't beat Barrera in a rematch or bounced back from his loss , few on here ever rate him as highly as he deserved.
      True. He beat Jennings in in between a loss as well. I dont know I dont rank Jennings and Clottey as top level elite dudes. I think Foreman will be his biggest test.

Comment

Originally posted by FeFist View Post
        The myth was created by losers essentially. Bouncing back from defeat is a sign of character but so it fighting with the pressure of your first defeat in every fight.
        Originally posted by yesir View Post
        *******s, who else
        that saying has been around for a long time i believe.

it's not a new thing.

it's probably been around as long as the "if you have no losses , you haven't fought anyone" saying.

different era. this was during the times when people fought 100-200 fights and everyone had a lot of losses.

Comment

Originally posted by No Ceilings View Post
          True. He beat Jennings in in between a loss as well. I dont know I dont rank Jennings and Clottey as top level elite dudes. I think Foreman will be his biggest test.
          jennings was just a tuneup.

clottey was a top 5 fighter in his division so it counts for something.

foreman is a bad matchup for cotto.

cotto is too brave for his own good.

i wish he took a nice tuneup or two. see where he's at. give his new trainer (steward) some time to work on stuff with him.

Comment

Originally posted by Bootneck View Post
            jennings was just a tuneup.

clottey was a top 5 fighter in his division so it counts for something.

foreman is a bad matchup for cotto.

cotto is too brave for his own good.

i wish he took a nice tuneup or two. see where he's at. give his new trainer (steward) some time to work on stuff with him.
            I agree I been saying that since it was signed that this will be a HARD fight for Cotto to win. Luckily for him Foreman hits like a girl.

Comment

I agree I been saying that since it was signed that this will be a HARD fight for Cotto to win. Luckily for him Foreman hits like a girl.
              I do remember Foreman running away like a girl from Santos at the end of one round on that undercard months ago. But yeah, bad matchup for Miguel.

Comment

In order to be great, you must dare to be great. That should be the mentality of all who want to walk the halls of greatness.

Comment

Originally posted by yesir View Post
                  *******s, who else

*****s, who else.

"You gotta take a look at what fighters did after Pac fought them. What has DLH, Hatton, etc. Done since Pac fought them?"

wonder who said that.

Comment

That dude is one of the greatest and hardest hitting Feather weights of all time. Naseem was a beast he just ran into a monstrous Barerra. I hate that logic. Cotto aint bounced back officially and I still rate him high.

I think the term would apply mostly to a young, prime fighter. Hamed had clearly lost focus long before the Barrera fight. He did get up from many KDs though.

Comment

Originally posted by snd_dsigner_dan View Post
                      I do remember Foreman running away like a girl from Santos at the end of one round on that undercard months ago. But yeah, bad matchup for Miguel.
                      daniel santos came in the ring the size of a light heavyweight that night.

Comment

Working...
                      X