• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• need pointers on INSIDE fighting

sup boxingscene

i been boxing now for like 13 months...
    i been sparring for like..10 months...

i finally kno what im good at and what i need work on...

i am good on the outside, i feel comfortable... and when guys come in on me, i am pretty good at catching them coming in... but my problem is. once they are inside on me. i have a really bad habit to just put up the ear-muffs and worry too much about not getting caught with anything.. i worry so much, that i forget to throw back sometimes! which results in them finishing a combo n getting off me.. or they will stay on me and try to take me out...

in my first fight for the first time i threw back and let my hands go , and some points i was doing well , slipping on the inside and throwin quick combos to the body...
    but other times i was really throwin at the wrong time jus throwin to throw and he would catch me off balance which resulted in me to stop throwing..

so basiclly to make a long story short, my inside game is HORRIBLE. i need help.. i got really good footwork, but plz dotn give em any answers saying "get back outside" or "move"
    cuz thats an obvious but i wanna know things i can do while INSIDE.

thanks

Don't you have a trainer? I'm still new at it but my trainer showed me a whole bunch of moves on the inside if you mean shoulder to shoulder inside. Only tip is keep defence tight and your punches short and keep watching carefully for an opening.

he taught me a move that has helped me tremendously so you have your ortho stance. When he charges and punches take a step back with your right foot and create some distance without moving your left foot as soon as his punch goes back move with your right foot and take a step forward and hit him with a right and if you'd like follow with a left hook
    Last edited by nirojsri; 11-05-2008, 02:41 PM.

Comment

thnks for the tipZ.
      n yea i got a trainer, a good one.. but i also value the opinion of other fighters. the people who actually get in there n do it. its good to get more then one opinion.

Comment

From what i understand you don't feel comfortable with exchanging on the inside. Some fighters are like that, some will get over it some will never be comfortable. You're talking about guys trying to take you out in sparring? Maybe you should find a good sparring partner that will let you practice what you need to get better at without trying to knock you out.

Another thing i would suggest is learning to punch while getting out. It's hard to put into words so just check this video:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Bt79dmgf8x4

check at 3:20

Comment

Originally posted by Equilibrium View Post
          From what i understand you don't feel comfortable with exchanging on the inside. Some fighters are like that, some will get over it some will never be comfortable. You're talking about guys trying to take you out in sparring? Maybe you should find a good sparring partner that will let you practice what you need to get better at without trying to knock you out.

Another thing i would suggest is learning to punch while getting out. It's hard to put into words so just check this video:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Bt79dmgf8x4

check at 3:20
          yea u are right on the money man.
          thanks for the vid. i am gunna watch the whole thing .. i checked 320. ill try that. i got lots to work on, just tryin to get tons of feedback. thanks a lot u helped me a lot.

Comment

Originally posted by punchDrUnK MONK View Post
            yea u are right on the money man.
            thanks for the vid. i am gunna watch the whole thing .. i checked 320. ill try that. i got lots to work on, just tryin to get tons of feedback. thanks a lot u helped me a lot.
            Yeah no problem man, i suggest checking more vids from the user who uploaded the video. Lots of tips on boxing, a lot of the stuff is for beginners but there are always some good videos to give you ideas on new stuff to try.

http://www.youtube.com/profile?user=...ay&view=videos

Somebody posted this on here a while back, been checking it ever since.

Comment

nice. thanks again man
              n ive noticed u replied to other questions ive had on this website.
              ur a good dude, thanks for the help.

Comment

man, try working close on a heavy bag. it will help a lot specially in developing your short punches try it on a repetition basis and soon youl feel comfortable and get used to it.

Comment

Look for the openings an take them. Don't think too much, it is called paralysis by analysis! use your instincts and when you're out of the ring practice them and then you can think and rehearse all the **** you will do. If you practice enough it will become automatic. Analyse it before and when you are in there let what you have practised take over. uppercuts and body head combos are the best to practice.

Comment

Particuly in the novices, when people rush in to the inside, they neglect there defence work and just try to blow away there opponents. Take advantage of this and aim your shots carefully.

Comment

Working...
                    X