No announcement yet.

Who else could take a 74 Foreman.

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Who else could take a 74 Foreman.

I think Ali is one of the VERY few people, if not the only person that could take out Foreman.

Ali
    And possibly Joe Louis.

Anyone else got some ideas.

Originally posted by Heckler
    I think Ali is one of the VERY few people, if not the only person that could take out Foreman.

Ali
    And possibly Joe Louis.

Anyone else got some ideas.
    I think sonny liston could.just as strong,equal in punching power, quicker,more stamina and a better boxer

Comment

sonny liston was not equal in power to George Foreman not by a long shot
      ________
      Amara cam
      Last edited by RockyMarcianofan00; 08-23-2011, 06:14 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by RockyMarcianofan00
        sonny liston was not equal in power to George Foreman not by a long shot
        wasn't that far off though. liston, holmes, and ali are the only ones who would beat foreman that night.

Comment

I dont think either Liston or Holmes would beat him, but i think they atleast stood a chance.

Comment

There are quit some fighters who could beat him........using the rope a dope, tiring him out..if they survive.

Comment

Sportswriters have always noted. No-1 but Ali could do the rope a dope on Foreman. No-one had the handspeed to counter off the ropes in combination with a granite chin, ability to absorb punishment, and the brains to put plan into practice effectively other then Ali. It was Ali's intangible qualities, his toughness in combination with skill and smarts allowed him to take this one. You Yaman said Ali did nothing in that fight on another thread, which is false. From the way Ali controlled what action occured in center-ring, to his defensive manouveres on the ropes, to the flurries of counter-punches Ali timed perfectly when coming off the ropes... he displayed brilliance.

Comment

Ok so he was very tecnical and smart in the ring. but what i mean is he didn't try to create a fight. I think a young prime Ali would make a fight using his speed, getting out of the way quickly. Since Ali didn't have the speed annymore he used what a fighter doesn't loose soon chin, stamina and he had a great body, he could take Foreman's bombs.

Now, Goerge Foreman could only be beaten by less than 5 fighters i think. Maybe not even that much.

Comment

The question should be who could take a 73 Foreman. The 74 one was drunk. But in any case, anyone who could actually move and was a clever boxer could beat old George, who always had his feet stuck in the mud.

Comment

I think Larry Holmes could have, but he might have tried too hard to make a fight of it. Holmes was a skilled fighter, similar to the style of Ali, except his fights were generally more exciting. That's probably a bad sign when going into the ring against a 73-74 George Foreman. Even so, Holmes would have stood a good chance.

Comment

Working...
                    X