Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Does anybody else remember being force fed "Manny fights for pride, not money" BS?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Johnwoo8686 View Post
    He can thank Bob Arum for his "ducking" legacy. The whole idea of May being a cherrypicker arose when he left Bob Arum. It was uncle Bob who created that rumor and it has stuck in the minds of ignorant boxing fans. So no matter who Floyd fights his haters will still claim him to be a ducker. He can knock out Manny Pacquiao and people will still find a reason to hate. Tsk Tsk, what fools people are
    Can you at least fans of Floyd persuade him to entertain you guys and make Paqciao look liike a clown in the ring? I'm not into fantasy fights. I'd rather see my idol beat his opponent in real life. If I were a fan of his I'd stop defending his ass. It's not right. Here I am, a fan of his who wants to see the Pacman get humiliated in the ring and here he is always coming up with something to block the fight from happening. It's just not right.

Comment

Manny fights for the Pride of his countrymen who all hate Floyd and wanna see Manny destroy him,Money is not an object............But Floyd called him personally and 40 million was not enough to make the fight for THE FANS.......He loses to Bradley and his PRIDE should he effected but there is NO MONEY for a rematch.....lol

Comment

Originally posted by cixthree View Post
        If the history books are accurate/not missing chapters and not Dr'd, and if the person reading that book has any sense they'll see the truth (Mannys PED card got pulled, his PR machine/media bamboozaled the already blind into thinking they see)

All of a sudden (3 years later) he decided the blood test WONT weaken him? But in that time he was cleaning up, he started looking human LMBAO!!!!
        It's not a matter of Floyd ducking, it's a matter of Manny getting medically prepared for that A$$ whoopin.
        The history books will say everyone fought Pacman, warts and all, except Floyd. People reading it will scratch their heads and ask, "Why?"

Especially in this day and age where people are restless and have short attention span. Distractions are everywhere. We have cell phones with all kinds of features. We have forms of entertainment we never would have thought possible ten years ago. We're left with sound bites. In politics, once you're labeled a flip-flop it will never going to go away. The damage has been done no matter how you explain it. Sad part is you're not usually given time to explain it. All they expect are sound bites. Similarly, once you're labeled a duck, a coward, it's going to stick for the rest of your life.

Comment

The Pride of the Philippines

Comment

Originally posted by KRAFTSMAN View Post
            The history books will say everyone fought Pacman, warts and all, except Floyd. People reading it will scratch their heads and ask, "Why?"

Especially in this day and age where people are restless and have short attention span. Distractions are everywhere. We have cell phones with all kinds of features. We have forms of entertainment we never would have thought possible ten years ago. We're left with sound bites. In politics, once you're labeled a flip-flop it will never going to go away. The damage has been done no matter how you explain it. Sad part is you're not usually given time to explain it. All they expect are sound bites. Similarly, once you're labeled a duck, a coward, it's going to stick for the rest of your life.
            yep the duck who won 0 titles at catch weights and 0 vacant titles

Comment

Originally posted by cixthree View Post
              Pride should make him want to make the Bradley situation right.
              But the Money he can earn fighting a guy (Cotto) he already beat is better.
              Some say there's no reason to rematch Timmy cause he obviously beat him, a Cotto rematch makes more sense. UMMMM didn't he KO Cotto?

As for JMM, why does the "8 div, FOTD, Super Human, God" need multiple goes at "convincingly" beating a blown up LW?

Money not only is and has always been the root of evil, but it's has also been the key to why he fights.... LOL

The past has a way of biting you in the A$$ don't it LOL!
              It was all an act and I'm enjoying seeing this shyt fall apart LMBAO!!
              Every fighter fights for money even those who claim it's about pride. just stop trolling dude.

And why do you have an Avatar of Kevin Kelley hitting Bobby Pacquiao? You do realize Bobby the bum knocked him out?

Comment

Floyd is a businessman. He fights for money. That's common knowledge.

He'll make an unbelievable amount of money by fighting Paqciao than fighting anybody else. That's also common knowledge.

He knows he'll make tons of money he never would have earned figthing other fighters. But he just won't fight Manny.

Is this guy not worried about his ducking legacy? He's about to retire and still not doing something about it.
                Unless he gets the majority of the money he won't really make all that much more. Floyd already has the highest guaranteed purse in boxing to his name. He makes a lot of money off his fights. The biggest problem is now that the fights getting less and less attention and pac losing / looking pretty shabby his last few fights I won't do the huge numbers previously thought.

Comment

Pacquiao is not fighting Cotto so it should not be part of this thread in my opinion. If he fights Cotto it is disgraceful but that fight is not happening. Marquez is the fight he should fight for pride because that is the fight lots of fans think he lost. The fact that Marquez pays better than Bradley is another good reason for him to take that fight. Bradley will be around to rematch for years but Marquez could retire leaving many with the impression that Pacquiao can't beat him. He needs to fight Marquez again and go for the KO. If Pacquiao takes 40 million to fight Floyd and Floyd keeps the rest can anyone tell me about how much money Floyd would get?

Comment

Originally posted by Grimgash View Post
                    Unless he gets the majority of the money he won't really make all that much more. Floyd already has the highest guaranteed purse in boxing to his name. He makes a lot of money off his fights. The biggest problem is now that the fights getting less and less attention and pac losing / looking pretty shabby his last few fights I won't do the huge numbers previously thought.
                    Got it. Thanks for confirming Floyd is really not interested in the fight unless he makes gargantuan amounts of money. Never mind what the world wants. Never mind what leaders like Mandela want. Screw the spirit of the sport. Screw the fans. Screw the added legacy of adding the Pacman in his resume. Screw what the boxing community's unanimous verdict if the fight happens: Floyd beats Paq. Floyd is simply not interested. I got it. Thanks!

Comment

Floyd is a businessman. He fights for money. That's common knowledge.

He'll make an unbelievable amount of money by fighting Paqciao than fighting anybody else. That's also common knowledge.

He knows he'll make tons of money he never would have earned figthing other fighters. But he just won't fight Manny.

Is this guy not worried about his ducking legacy? He's about to retire and still not doing something about it.
                      Yeah and Martinez wouldn't fight Chavez Jr either lol.... even though everyone knows Martinez was begging for the fight and even called Chavez a "chicken"..

Epic fail on your logic there chief. It is WIDELY known that Bob Arum ducks fights when he thinks his guys are not ready.

Bob has an agenda and when he's ready he WILL make the fight. In the meantime, he's milking the man pac.
                      Last edited by WESS; 08-26-2012, 06:44 PM.

Comment

Working...
                      X