Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Are the klitschko's the only Europeans to "never" leave Europe but have a HOF legacy?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Are the klitschko's the only Europeans to "never" leave Europe but have a HOF legacy?

Even Calzaghe, Hatton, Lewis and Schmeling had to leave Europe at some point to try and cap off their legacy. Dariuz never left and how he's looked at in the future will suffer because of it.

But, I think the K2 bros are in a position to where they never have to leave Europe and will go down in history as one of the greatest in history.

What do you think and are there any other Europeans in this position?

There aren't any that I know of.

I know Vitali and Wlad have fought a few times in the States, but besides that, they're doing the majority of their legacy work in Europe. Normally, it's the other way around. Meaning, legacy work is accomplished in the states.

Comment

Both of the Klitchkos are way over-rated and are constantley fighting bums.

Comment

Both have fought in America.

They make more money in Germany than they ever could in the states, It's not like theres a murderers row of top american heavyweights in America anyways, they have No need to fight in America.

Quite frankly I find it slightly insulting that some people think you have to fight the majority of your career in the USA to be "Great"

Those times are changing in the next 20 years you'll see Americans coming over to Europe and the UK for fights because that's where the money will be.

Boxing and most relevent sports are worldwide not just American.

Btw I'd just like to point out that I really like America so this isn't an anti america thing lol

Comment

Originally posted by BoxingGenius27 View Post
          Even Calzaghe, Hatton, Lewis and Schmeling had to leave Europe at some point to try and cap off their legacy. Dariuz never left and how he's looked at in the future will suffer because of it.

But, I think the K2 bros are in a position to where they never have to leave Europe and will go down in history as one of the greatest in history.

What do you think and are there any other Europeans in this position?

There aren't any that I know of.
          Wladimir has fought more times in the U.S than both those fighters in the bold combined.

Wladimir has fought around the same amount of time as Schmeling did in the U.S give or take a fight.

I'm only counting Wladimir since I think he is the only brother that has all time status.

And, all time Wladimir>>>Schmeling.
          Last edited by Roman Moreno; 03-16-2012, 02:16 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Roman Moreno View Post
            Wladimir has fought more times in the U.S than both those fighters in the bold combined.
            End of thread right there.

Comment

they both have fought in the US.Vitali got his eye taken out by Lewis here

Comment

Originally posted by Larryx2011 View Post
                they both have fought in the US.Vitali got his eye taken out by Lewis here
                that's gonna start a few wars

Comment

they both fought quite some times in the USA, Vitali also in great britain so this thread is nonsense. also they never ducked anybody from the USA or anywhere else so what is this thread REALLY about?

Comment

They have fought more places around the world then almost any top fighter
                    Vlad had fought in:

Germany
                    Austria
                    Louisiana
                    Ukraine
                    Hungary
                    Las Vegas x5
                    New york x3
                    London
                    New Jersey x2

Vlad alone has fought in the US 11 times

Vitali:

Germany
                    Austria
                    Florida
                    Ukraine
                    London
                    Los Angeles x3
                    New York
                    Las Vegas
                    Switzerland
                    Poland

Vitali has fought in the US 6 times

6 + 11 = 17 X they have fought in the US alone

But in an attempt to sound less ignorant, you said they never leave Europe like its 1 country when in fact its an entire continent consisting of 50 countries

Comment

Working...
                    X