Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Team Usyk Explains Dismissive Stance On Chisora Clash

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Usyk is a challenger that think he is a champ. The "Danny Garcia" mentality.

Comment

Originally posted by Mister Wolf View Post
      Usyk is a challenger that think he is a champ. The "Danny Garcia" mentality.
      Huh? He's a mandatory to the title, not mandatory to fight a lower ranked fighter. He shouldn't have to explain sh%t to anyone.

Comment

Del Boy is trash at the world class level & a keep busy fight to any top ten guy. Granted I give the guy credit for going 7-4 in his last 11 with probably the two biggest Ws in his career (Takam & that polish guy Wilder shot dead in his fight with him) or certainly among them but he's also lost to that Agit whatever the f#ck his last name guy in that same period. This is not a guy getting chances cuz he deserves them he's a guy getting chances cuz of his promoter & anyone looking for bigger fights & not keep busy fights won't want to waste time to fight him.

Can't fault Usyk too much for wanting to bypass a guy with 9 losses. Like it or not fighting a guy with a trash record isn't helping hype you or getting you a big fight. Mfers keep acting like Usyk is 27 or some sh^t. Usyk is 33. Most of the fighters you love were a shadow of themselves by 35. Usyk is burning daylight & gots lil time to spare if he wants to be the HW champion.

Comment

Originally posted by Boxing Goat View Post
          Lol .....So, when Floyd employs this method of fighting without stopping his opponents even when they are tired, he's an all time great, fighter of the decade, but Usyk does it and stops his opponents, he get's almost no credit. Got it.

Your argument just doesn't hold up. There's more to this debate, so why not just lay all the cards on the table and we'll have a real conversation.
          Floyd didn't get to be a great by fighting Tim Witherspoon's cousin.

And you are missing the point - Witherspoon had 4 days notice. He wasn't in shape. Anyone could have waited until he got tired and beat him that way...

There's no debate to be had. You have already decided Usyk is already a great HW. I have decided to wait and see if he is great before deciding.

My opinion at the moment is he lacks power at the weight.

Comment

Originally posted by Roberto Vasquez View Post
            Floyd didn't get to be a great by fighting Tim Witherspoon's cousin.

And you are missing the point - Witherspoon had 4 days notice. He wasn't in shape. Anyone could have waited until he got tired and beat him that way...

There's no debate to be had. You have already decided Usyk is already a great HW. I have decided to wait and see if he is great before deciding.

My opinion at the moment is he lacks power at the weight.
            Right, Floyd just fought Tenshin, McGregor and Berto instead lol

He's already proven to be an all time great by unifying CW. That's been decided already. Now he has to do it again at HW.
            You are just bias and DKSAB

The end

Comment

Right, Floyd just fought Tenshin, McGregor and Berto instead lol

He's already proven to be an all time great by unifying CW. That's been decided already. Now he has to do it again at HW.
              You are just bias and DKSAB

The end
              Floyd ducked and picked a lot of fighters but the fighters he did fight make him at least top 10 of all time .

Great CWs don't always make great HWs. Learn your boxing history.

I'm not biased. I'm just not a fanboy who will say he's a great HW when he's had one fight against a nobody.

Comment

Floyd ducked and picked a lot of fighters but the fighters he did fight make him at least top 10 of all time .

Great CWs don't always make great HWs. Learn your boxing history.

I'm not biased. I'm just not a fanboy who will say he's a great HW when he's had one fight against a nobody.
                Not true and the CW division is the newest division in boxing.
                Funny you tell ME to check boxing history when I was a boxing fan before you were off your mommas t!t

You're a Usyk detractor but that's all good, every great fighter has haters.

When he wins a world title at HW, just remember this conversation.

Until then, know your role and stfu

Comment

Not true and the CW division is the newest division in boxing.
                  Funny you tell ME to check boxing history when I was a boxing fan before you were off your mommas t!t

You're a Usyk detractor but that's all good, every great fighter has haters.

When he wins a world title at HW, just remember this conversation.

Until then, know your role and stfu
                  That's only because today's HWs are huge compared to the old days. Look at Bob Foster. Maybe the best LHW ever. Got KO'd by Ali And Frazier.

Think of someone like David Haye - he would have had no chance at HW without that punch.

I can tell you are a fanboy because you get upset I have a different opinion to you. I've never said anything bad about Usyk. I said I believed he would end up ranked 5 or 6 at HW. That's good for a CW

Comment

Aj should fight Pulev and then Usyk and should be allowed to keep his belts if he does that.
                    Agreed - this is the 2020 that makes the most sense to me from AJ's point of view. It'd be his strongest year and really show a difference post-Ruiz.

Personally, I think Usyk should take on a couple of top 10 heavyweights before going for the belt. Prove himself against Whyte or Chisora, or heck, even Ortiz or Ruiz. That would build up some bigger demand for the title shot, grow the demand for it a bit.

Comment

Working...
                    X