No announcement yet.

Neck strengthning exercise!!!

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Neck strengthning exercise!!!

Neck nods - Here's an old boxer's trick to help build neck strength and endurance. The old-timers swear this will help you take a punch..give it a try. Lie flat on your back with legs straight, and hands at your side. Now "nod" your head until your chin touches your upper chest. Return your head to the mat, and repeat continously. Try to do 50 of these and see how you feel. For a harder challenge, nod for 50 reps, and then hold your head in the "up position" and begin turning your head from left to right at a slow but steady rate. Do these for 50. When you can nod for 100 you're getting some strength.

This thing really starts burning quick!!!!!

I always did these laying flat on a table with my shoulders right to the edge of the table, so that your head is off of he table. All the way back and all the way up. 3 minutes or one round.

Then it was side to side, for another 3. The stuff will burn but it will do wonders for your neck...........Rockin'

Comment

Originally posted by Rockin1
      I always did these laying flat on a table with my shoulders right to the edge of the table, so that your head is off of he table. All the way back and all the way up. 3 minutes or one round.

Then it was side to side, for another 3. The stuff will burn but it will do wonders for your neck...........Rockin'
      Yeah, I just got it off a website and I did like 35 of 'em and I could already feel the burn.

The one you do is definately worth a try....that one must be extra effective, since you have no chance to relax.

Comment

any other ways?

Comment

Originally posted by jack_the_rippuh
          Neck nods - Here's an old boxer's trick to help build neck strength and endurance. The old-timers swear this will help you take a punch..give it a try. Lie flat on your back with legs straight, and hands at your side. Now "nod" your head until your chin touches your upper chest. Return your head to the mat, and repeat continously. Try to do 50 of these and see how you feel. For a harder challenge, nod for 50 reps, and then hold your head in the "up position" and begin turning your head from left to right at a slow but steady rate. Do these for 50. When you can nod for 100 you're getting some strength.

This thing really starts burning quick!!!!!
          hey dude, can you link some pictures show how to do. i am not 100% how you mean? what is "nod"(picture.

Comment

like how you say yes you nod your head lay flat on your back and bring your chin to your test that better?

Comment

Originally posted by kapersky
              hey dude, can you link some pictures show how to do. i am not 100% how you mean? what is "nod"(picture.

#1. In ur signature it says "the greatest," u must be referring to me, I am the Greatest! I shook up the world!!!
              #2. Just kidding man

#3. Lie on the ground on ur back and put ur hands to ur side...then keep ur head relaxed on the ground like u sleeping and lookin at the cieling without a pillow, then move ur head so ur chin touches ur chest, then just repeat that process man

ThaGreatest(thats me ) lol

Comment

Originally posted by ThaGreatest
                #1. In ur signature it says "the greatest," u must be referring to me, I am the Greatest! I shook up the world!!!
                #2. Just kidding man

#3. Lie on the ground on ur back and put ur hands to ur side...then keep ur head relaxed on the ground like u sleeping and lookin at the cieling without a pillow, then move ur head so ur chin touches ur chest, then just repeat that process man

ThaGreatest(thats me ) lol
                thanks dude, that was burning after only 20 repeat. its really the neck we are training? however it was good excicerses i can feel it.

Comment

Originally posted by kapersky
                  thanks dude, that was burning after only 20 repeat. its really the neck we are training? however it was good excicerses i can feel it.

yup the neck

Comment

Working...
                  X