Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• One Bad Dude!!

Serkan Yilmaz Taekwondo K1 Fighter
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NBdtzh8y7sc

Do not let the word "Tae kwon Do" discourage you from watching this guy. He is awesome!! Almost as exciting as my boy Buakaw!

pretty badass. I've been seeing alot of TKD on the tv and **** over here lately.. ****s no joke actually. Some impressive KOs go down in that ****.

Comment

It is not the art, but the person who wields the art.

Comment

Yeah, I'm not going to say its the most effective form of striking out there, but its really more of an individual thing, as you said. With the rise of Korean MMA, greater TKD influence will be a natural result.. as well as Hapkido. Thats one of the things that makes this sport so great, is how the styles are so localized. You got Iowa wrestlers, Russian Samboists, Japanese Judo-kas, etc. And even if a particular Japanese fighter (for example) doesn't claim to represent Judo (for instance), its more than likely that he's been schooled in it, at least to some extent, in the past, and he certainly grew up watching it, so it will permeate into there style to some degree (again, just one example).

The versatility of MMA is what gives rise to such diversity of backgrounds, and this is one aspect that is still evolving. Thus, we can expect to see additional new aspects of various martial arts emerge as the sport continues to grow.

Comment

Working...
        X