Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

So I watched the fight with a bunch of casuals on Saturday.

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Rome-By-Ko View Post
    I disagree, Leonard and srr both oh and Ali all moved around the ring..There was a different level of opponent tho..One that knew how tho cut a ring off and what to do once they did..Fighters who took more risk, that's what's changed in boxing..Everyone scared to be a victim of world star..
    I know they moved around the ring but the ymoved and threw punches and looked to take opponents out. watch Ali v Liston or Ali v Lyle or Ali v Frazier. The man moved and fought defensively but if he had you hurt, he would go in there and try and take you out. He also had a massive heart and asked the ref to stop the Lyle fight befoe he put too muc hdamage on hiim.

Guys these days simply move but rarely throw punches at the same time and when they are winning, they dont want to stamp their dominance on an opponent. Its pathetic, its sad and its far from boxing.

Its why more of us should be backing guys like Khan and Bradley.

Comment

It is difficult. I think most boxing fans suspected that one wouldn't catch fire.

The heavyweights are for the casuals! Everyone loves heavyweights. Well all the sports fans I know. I wouldn't really call them casuals they will watch a few events a year

I think it is like a sliding scale of interest the heavier they are the easier it is to be interested. Of course you might get a Barrera/Morales classic but then you don't know how many casuals would tune into that in the first place.

Wilder is the one that the American broadcasters should be ramming down throats. 147 is still seen as a the glamour division as a hangover from Mayweather but if you were a t.v. exec you probably need to reconsider. Big boys and knockouts!
      Last edited by Sparked_26; 03-07-2017, 08:03 AM.

Comment

Blame it on Danny. He was ok with losing the fight. Didnt go for the KO when he had no choice.

Comment

Originally posted by Mirko Troll Cop View Post
          Mayweather is an acccelerated point man. At any given rate Mayweather does not just lateral around without striking. That's how judges rate Floyd's standards. If Floyd just "ran" around his compubox would show and he would lose those rounds.

Comparing Thurman to Floyd is stupid. Compare them after Thurman has gone to LHW
          What you described is exactly what Thurman was doing to Garcia. It's just inconsistent to give Mayweather a pass for it and not Thurman.

I don't actually think Mayweather or Thurman are "runners" I'm just responding to the people who stay silent when Floyd "ran" but criticise Thurman for doing the same thing.

As for your last comment, jumping between higher weight classes is much harder. Floyd wouldn't have been a LHW champ if he started out at as a WW. Utter nonsense.
          Last edited by Vadrigar.; 03-07-2017, 08:35 AM.

Comment

The issue is every big fight the guys sell out. Mayweather-Pacquiao, Klitschko-Fury, Thurman-Garcia.

Big fights used to be the best fights. Super skilled, athletic, quick fighters doing slick sht while trying to rip eachothers heads off.

Not asking Thurman to go in dumb, but he could have carried on what he was doing from the beginning, and smartly beat the crap outta Garcia and I think eventually he'd have worn him down and stopped him. What he did was pretty messed up and I was left a little shocked. Thurman to me showed he was much better than Garcia and that he definitely could have gotten him out of there without risking much, especially considering how timid Garcia was.

But I see it as a cultural evolution(for a lack of a better word).

Comment

Originally posted by Mike D View Post
              How hardcore fans saw it: A tactical, at times cautious chess match between two A level, in their prime undefeated champions

How casuals saw it: A bore fest between two no name nobodies that they'll never ever give two ****s about who wasted an hour they could've spent watching Sportscenter highlights of the NBA and NFL combine
              Show them Lomachenko's fights with his aesthetically pleasing style or fights between two extremely skilled and aggressive fighters like Cotto/Pacquiao or Gamboa/Crawford. Even casuals would appreciate that. I wasn't even interested in watching Garcia/Thurman lol that's boxing equivalent of recent Woodley/Thompson fight in UFC

Comment

Originally posted by Eastcoast View Post
                Have those people watch the Golovkin card. They'll enjoy proper violence with guys who know how to punch.
                x2. With Gonzalez in the undercard. Going to be sweet.

Comment

This is becoming like "so a guy walks into a bar..." joke for hardcore boxing fans.

"So I watched the fight with a bunch of casuals this Saturday night..." :P

Comment

Originally posted by Vadrigar. View Post
                    What you described is exactly what Thurman was doing to Garcia. It's just inconsistent to give Mayweather a pass for it and not Thurman.

I don't actually think Mayweather or Thurman are "runners" I'm just responding to the people who stay silent when Floyd "ran" but criticise Thurman for doing the same thing.

As for your last comment, jumping between higher weight classes is much harder. Floyd wouldn't have been a LHW champ if he started out at as a WW. Utter nonsense.
                    Did Sugar Ray Leonard or Hearns ever fight at LHW?

When did Floyd "run?" Thurman was less active in lateral movement in the later rounds against Garcia. When did Floyd do that? Again, comparing Thurman TO Floyd is not a good way to compare ring generalship
                    Last edited by Lester Tutor; 03-07-2017, 08:50 AM.

Comment

Honestly fück casuals.. they watch that MMA **** mcgregor vs Diaz 2, where mcgregor ran but b1tches don't complain..
                      But coming back to thread, I had the same experience.. this friend of mine is a GGG fan because he knocks people out, I told him this is a unification and top dawg of WW fight and he says these guys can never make money as Mayweather did.. typical Casual

Comment

Working...
                      X