How Do You Train?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How Do You Train?

The title explains it all.

I do 100 sit-ups, 30 push ups, 110 pounds on the bench press with 12 reps, yoga, 130 on the leg press, shadow boxing, i make the peanut bag sound like a machine gun, I spar a little, I let it out on a punching bag, and i try to run two miles a day. I plan on joining the "Hard Knocks" boxing gym in Phoenix really soon so i can expand on my skills.

I eat no junk food.

My day usually consists of

MEDICINE BALL WARMUP
    Shoulder/Core Prep
    Hold a 10-lb ball with both hands, arms extended in front of you, and move it in 10 large clockwise circles. Then move it in 10 counterclockwise circles. Raise the ball above your head and repeat.
    Medicine Ball Squat
    Hold the ball behind your head with both hands and squat. Two sets of 20
    Medicine Ball Calf Raise
    Hold the ball behind your head and go up on tiptoe. Two sets of 20

PILATES-20 MINUTES

SPEED AND ENDURANCE
    6-uphill sprints up and run backwards downhill on 6 different hills to give me a different incline for each one.

Rubber Ball Hand-Speed Drill
    Stand in the middle of a large, open room. Bounce a small superball on the floor and catch it on the first bounce. Repeat, but bounce it a little farther away or a little softer, so you have to move even quicker to catch it. Keep varying bounces. Five minutes

3 rounds Jump Rope
    3 rounds heavy bag
    3 rounds shadow boxing
    3 1 minute rounds of punch out drills
    1 minute round of speedbag to cool down

Abdominal Work
    30x4 crunches
    30x4 bicycle crunches
    30x4 Standing Twists

3-6 Rounds of sparring every or every other day.

Comment

Itallion Stallion-You should check out Iron Gloves boxing gym in Tempe.I have been hearing lots of good things about them.
      BTW-I thought the Hard Knocks gym closed down.Or did they just move?Last I knew, they were on Cave Creek Road.

Comment

mines depends on what the trainers tell us to do

but the warmups everyday are the same

full body stretches

100 arm rotations forward then 100 backwards with arms extended to your side then arms exstended to the front then arms extended in the air

100 jumping jacks
        100 calf raises
        100 belly slaps
        50 each side toe touches
        100 squats

25 pushups normal
        25 with our legs on our partner shoulder
        and 25(noone can do 25 yet)upside down

we do other stuff liek medicine ball workouts and other **** thats random

then we spar or work the bags hit the mitts

i jumprope for 5 roudns everyday as well
        and run int eh mournings when im nto too tired

Comment

nice to see more people from Az on the board

Comment

Itallion Stallion-You should check out Iron Gloves boxing gym in Tempe.I have been hearing lots of good things about them.
            BTW-I thought the Hard Knocks gym closed down.Or did they just move?Last I knew, they were on Cave Creek Road.
            I don't know if it did or didn't but i haven't seen it around for a while so it prolly did. Do you have any recommendations of gyms that are close to Scottsdale?

Comment

Depends for the length of time in bout , and whether it is amatuer or professional. I mean, theres no point in doing 10 x 3 min sparring, skip 5rounds and 5 rounds on bag.... if you are doing 4 x 2min amatuer bout. title bouts would require intense workouts!

Comment

Originally posted by The Italian Stallion
                I don't know if it did or didn't but i haven't seen it around for a while so it prolly did. Do you have any recommendations of gyms that are close to Scottsdale?
                Yeah, I was told it had, which is surprising because it was a nice, well-equiped gym.Not many people, but I usually went in late morning, not afternoon.Prime time is usually late afternoon/early evening.

I moved back to Michigan, and aside from a few weeks during New Year's, I don't get back much.I have no idea what gyms are out there now.I trained at Hard Knock's for a bit, and was looking into the Madison Garden gym before we moved back.I had heard there was a really good coach out Scottsdale way though.Look here:

http://www.boxinghelp.com/arizona.html

An aquaintance of mine fights pro out of Phoenix, I'll ask him if he can recommend a good gym.

Comment

My training routine:

1) Get up at 6 am and watch the training scenes in Rocky IV.

2) Drink raw eggs

3) Go to boxingscene.com and chat for an hour

4) Punch the heavy bag for 15 minutes

5) Look at pictures of hot naked senoritas, and tell myself if I don't get in shape I'll never get one

6) Go to work 9-5(I'm an accountant)and daydream I'm Ali or Tyson

7) Come home, eat diner, and drink 3-4 Guinesses

8) Watch boxing on television or downloads on computer

9) Go to sleep and do it all over again!

Comment

Are there any good boxing gyms in NYC?

Comment

Working...
                    X