No announcement yet.

I lost my first match :(

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I lost my first match :(

my first amateur fight was kind of rushed. I was supposed to fight on saturday but they were unsure if they could find an opponent for me. So I told them I did not want to fight and would rather go to work. Now I already took a day off of work and I work all day and night usually on saturdays. They could only give me back the day. So I went to amateur fights to watch and my trainer tells me he has someone for me. Tells me it is 15lbs difference and has 0 fights like me and a year experience. I told him I will not do a fight because of weight difference therefore I did exhibition. I was exhausted from work too.

I was with the other boxers they were warming up I was sitting getting nervous.
    The fighter I was fighting came up to me and talked to me. He told me I shouldn't fight. His trainer had lied there was a 30lb difference between me and him. he had a year of boxing experience. And 2 years kickboxing with 2 kickboxing fights. He was also more muscular than me.
    I appreciated his honesty and thanked him but I told him I must fight I am falling behind my fellow gym mates.

We fought I bursted all my energy onto the first round I tried to tko him.
    My brother saw that I was very close to knocking him out when I continously combo'd his face with left hooks and right straights and left right uppercuts and finishing with left hook to the chin. He was about to go down till the ref cuts it.

Then I rush him again. But this time we exchange punches. Then I take a distance. First round ends second one begins. I realize that energy was from the andrenaline and once I stopped for the second round. I noticed how tired I really was. I popped a few jabs and he rushed me. Then I just felt my heart die and I was out of breath as I was blocking his hits I couldn't lift a finger I was out of energy. I got 2 standing counts. I didn't fall but I was blocking.
    I just couldn't finish the second round.
    My trainer was pissed off at me he told me I cannot fight till he says I'm ready. I'm depressed as hell now I am so hungry after the fight but I don't feel like eating.

Luckily it's exhibition so it's not a loss on my passport.

I ussually spar 3 minute rounds and 3 rounds and can manage but this was 2 minute rounds I don't know what happened.

I think on wednesday I should be able to get a digital copy I will upload on youtube and share with you guys.

here are the stats

ME // HIM

150lbs // 180lbs
    18 years old // early 20's
    5"10 // 6"0
    5 months experience // 1 year boxing 2 years kickboxing
    0 fights // 2 kickboxing fights
    Last edited by nirojsri; 10-26-2008, 11:08 PM.

You shouldn't have fought man, you might be falling behind your gymmates but everyone learns at a different pace. Take your time and fight when you think you're ready. Also, if your coach is ragging on you for losing a last minute fight, maybe you should find another coach, this guy sounds like he cares about himself and not his fighters. If he cared about his fighters, he wouldn't have let you take the fight in the first place. My coach doesn't let anyone fight until he thinks they're ready. He's open for discussion and he's honest about it. He looks out for his fighters and he won't let you fight if you're going to be so badly overmatched.

Comment

Yeah he's the main trainer but I've always felt alot of tension between him because he ignores me alot because I am new and not as good as the others. I always liked the other trainers they would help me out and train me and give me advice the main trainer that paired me up with this guy just gave me **** when the first round finished.

Comment

Like rmz said, if your coach rushed you into fighting a bigger guy and got on your balls for losing it could mean he is not a very good trainer.

Aside from that it looks like the stress got to you, and that can consume a lot of your energy. It was the same for me on my first fight, when i was waiting for my turn my heart was pounding in my chest even though i was sitting.

I know we're both from around montreal, mind telling me which gym you are training at?

Comment

hmm well at least its not a real loss (not on your record)

mate ive lost an exhibition too ,in march, it means **** all and mine was agaisnt a heavier older guy also

then in june i switched trainers, and since then ive won 3 straight fights and the state novice title...and your coach sounds like a bit of a **** so maybe it could work for you also

**make sure its a good trainer if you do change gyms!! see what his fighters have achieved and how he runs the class**

also, if your trainer actually, knowingly lied to you, knowing he was 30 lbs bigger and not 15 lbs, thats a serious mark on his integrity

Comment

I train at knockout gym in parc extension. We had a gala on saturday there with people from the ness martial arts gym.

@Kosta the trainer's son has a 7-0 pro record so he's a good trainer.
            But it was the trainer from the other gym that lied to my trainer.
            It was also hard to tell the weight difference by eye because he only looked slightly bigger than me In fact I looked heavier than him but he was heavier in muscle.
            Last edited by niroj; 10-27-2008, 10:58 AM.

Comment

dont be upset man...
              u got to experience a bout. ex or not.. u got the xperience

just get back to the gym and improve. spar. set up a fight. and see what ya got

Comment

Yeah change trainer, if he rushed you to fight a guy who weighs what? 3 stone more? then moans you lost, hes a terrible person if not trainer.

Comment

you need to do more than 3 rounds try 6 or something

Comment

Get a new Coach/Trainer
                    Your current one is not worried about your safety.

I am currently training to hopefully fight at some stage, but It will only be 1 or 2 contests I am 32 and started late. However I also train boxers and I would never send them in over matched, outweighed and if I didn't think they were ready, Also if they had any worries or doubts I would not send them in against there wishes.
                    Everyone does learn at there own pace, who gives a crap if your getting to your goal slower. It's about getting there and being the best you can be, not about getting there quick and getting hurt both Mentally and physically

DMC

Comment

Working...
                    X