No announcement yet.

problem

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• problem

im due to start boxing in january, cant wait. only problem is i currently smoke not heavy just 2-3 a day. i really wanna quit. any advice on quittin. like alternatives to smoking

once i started i found that my love for boxing and desire to train was a lot greater than my desire to get ****ed up. i know that sounds corny and kind of gay, but it's true.

i never smoked cigarettes, but i used to smoke weed and did a lot of stuff in general that i probably shouldn't have. boxing isn't like a lot of other sports. i used to smoke weed, drink and party, yet was one of the captains of my hockey team in high school. i had no problem doing both. bottom line: you can't do that **** and box.

Comment

Just get in the gym. Getting your ass kicked all over the ring, and/or looking like a puss on the bags -- both because you're running out of wind -- will be a great motivator to quit smoking.

Comment

as you start training, you will begin to learn whether you really like/love this sport of boxing. if you do, you will automatically quit, guaranteed. only a matter of time.

Comment

Originally posted by verbz View Post
          im due to start boxing in january, cant wait. only problem is i currently smoke not heavy just 2-3 a day. i really wanna quit. any advice on quittin. like alternatives to smoking
          i would say cut down (have the similar problem, i crave siggs whan i drink)

Comment

I guarantee when you first go and you feel physically sick from working so hard you will no longer crave Cigs

Comment

I use to smoke but was out of breath so quickly. I choose the gym (that time) over smoking. It took me exactly 2 gym sessions to stop smoking.

you can do it

/i use to also only smoke when drinking, it was very hard for like 6 months to not smoke when i had a drink, i would just not drink (not go out) Now over a year later i am fine to drink and others can smoke.

Comment

Well this is good news, because I'm in the same situation as the OP. Just signed up to a gym, and start next Monday. Hopefully I can kick the cig habit too.
                Good luck man.

Comment

As someone else said, my determination to box overcame my determination to put tar (and other things) in my lungs.

As soon as i decided I wanted to box (even before i stepped in a gym), I never looked back.

When you get in the gym and you see how fit you REALLY are you'll find smoking doesn't seem that much of an option anyway if you're really serious about boxing.

Comment

Originally posted by GrizzleBoy View Post
                    As someone else said, my determination to box overcame my determination to put tar (and other things) in my lungs.

As soon as i decided I wanted to box (even before i stepped in a gym), I never looked back.

When you get in the gym and you see how fit you REALLY are you'll find smoking doesn't seem that much of an option anyway if you're really serious about boxing.
                    Yeah, I think your right. I think I'm in decent shape, I don't smoke like a chimney or anything, but something tells me my first couple of times in the gym will be humbling, heh.
                    But I didn't sign up thinking on going pro or anything. Just to get in great shape, and have some good sparring sessions. I can't wait to start!

Comment

Working...
                    X