No announcement yet.

I'm now trained by Ron Lipton

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I'm now trained by Ron Lipton

You may know Ron Lipton from various outlets. He was a celebrated referee who did fights like Roy Jones-Bryant Brannon, Holyfield-Mercer, De La Hoya-Leija, and Prince Charles Williams-Merqui Sosa. Or you might know him as the boxing historian from Cyberboxingzone.com . Well, I know him now as Coach.

I walked into Snoop's Boxing Gym on Main Street in Poughkeepsie simply looking for sparring and left with a membership and a new source of boxing knowledge to leech off of. The man has been around the sport FOREVER and at 60 years old is still many times scarier than me. I plan on doing MANY more historical pieces and other kinds of boxing stuff with this man. I think I struck gold with my new coach.

Here he is counting out Ruddock against Tommy Morrison.

Comment

Sounds sweet man. I'm sure it's invaluable to you as not only a boxing enthusiast but also an adept writer. Good luck!

Comment

Originally posted by Bendigo View Post
        Sounds sweet man. I'm sure it's invaluable to you as not only a boxing enthusiast but also an adept writer. Good luck!
        Oh yeah, I'm going to do an article on him definitely. The man is a boxing knowledge gold mine. Here he is at 54, 6 years ago. Ehh, I could beat him.

Comment

Ron Lipton is one of the coolest guys around. He really knows his stuff when it comes to the old guys, and yet is very progressive in his thinking in regards to weight training. I don't know him personally but I've talked to him on cyberboxingzone for years.

Comment

Originally posted by Asian Sensation View Post
            Oh yeah, I'm going to do an article on him definitely. The man is a boxing knowledge gold mine. Here he is at 54, 6 years ago. Ehh, I could beat him.

thats some stallone **** right there. sounds good mate hope it works out for you. where u at with your boxing n e ways? planning to get back in the ring?

Comment

Originally posted by mgkirkpatrick View Post
              thats some stallone **** right there. sounds good mate hope it works out for you. where u at with your boxing n e ways? planning to get back in the ring?
              I want to fight next month, and I'm very excited. I sparred last week for the first time in some while and am very sharp still.

Achilles, for real Lipton is the real deal. They have alot of weights in the gym and machines, which was a positive for me.

Comment

Today was my first day back in the gym with Coach Lipton, and it was alot of fun. I haven't been in a boxing gym since August, but he told me that he was very impressed with my speed and my punching power. My weight was an inexcusable 163, and he wants to get me down to 139. Hopefully, I'll be fighting by next month.

He also showed me his own weight program he designed himself designed especially for boxing. Among the dudes training with me is Kenny Craven, who beat Butterbean and fought Calvin Brock.

Comment

geez, from 163 to 139? I donno man, how tall are you?

P.S. Lipton looks like an absolute badass

Comment

Originally posted by Trick View Post
                    geez, from 163 to 139? I donno man, how tall are you?

P.S. Lipton looks like an absolute badass
                    I'm 5'6. Believe me, I can do it. I have a real boxing ****ed up body. I can do all these weird things with moving around weights and ****.

Comment

Working...
                    X