No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Broner Gives Burns Ultimatum: Fight Me or I Move Up

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

He said this on thursday on Ringside.

I'm guessing he's presuming that Burns will beat Vasquez.

I think he wants to fight the winner next.

Comment

Originally posted by mathed View Post
      Burns, don't fight him, let him move up and fight Matthysse.
      Broner debut at 140 won't be against Matthysse maybe Judah Mayfield or Khan
      Last edited by MrClutch85; 02-16-2013, 05:37 PM.

Comment

I like Broner but he isn't going to blow by 140 like he did 135. Those 5 pounds have proven to be difficult for fighters moving up. I can't see Broner beating ANY of the top Jr Welters. Garcia, Matthyse, Judah, Khan, Peterson, Maidana, Rios, Alvarado. I even think Kats or Baby Bull could have given this guy a hard fight if they were around. He needs better footwork. He would have a terrible night. He isn't quite as good as he thinks he is. Demarco was terrible, the other guy was on crack, his opponents are terrible. Rees is no different.

Comment

Originally posted by lopez36 View Post
          what if Vazquez wins? I would rather see Vazquez/broner...then he can move up and face guys as big as him
          How's Vazquez' English? Broner just said he wouldn't fight Gamboa cause he speaks none, not promotable. And it'be too easy, he wouldn't get credit.

I'll give him plenty if he moves up to the much more competitive 140 though.

Comment

Originally posted by The Weebler II View Post
            I doubt whether Matthysse will be the first on Broner's list at 140. Probably Peterson or someone.
            Funny, i'd actually have Peterson beating Matthysse.

Comment

Did they make a behind the ropes for this fight? I really like that show I thinks it's on par with 24/7. If they didn't I think broner a handlers dropped the ball in this one because it would have given broner alot of exposure in the uk

Comment

Originally posted by KingOfBox View Post
                I like Broner but he isn't going to blow by 140 like he did 135. Those 5 pounds have proven to be difficult for fighters moving up. I can't see Broner beating ANY of the top Jr Welters. Garcia, Matthyse, Judah, Khan, Peterson, Maidana, Rios, Alvarado. I even think Kats or Baby Bull could have given this guy a hard fight if they were around. He needs better footwork. He would have a terrible night. He isn't quite as good as he thinks he is. Demarco was terrible, the other guy was on crack, his opponents are terrible. Rees is no different.
                Broner toughest fights at 140 would be Matthysse Peterson Rios he can beat Judah Alvarado Khan Garcia

Comment

Originally posted by lopez36 View Post
                  what if Vazquez wins? I would rather see Vazquez/broner...then he can move up and face guys as big as him
                  Im still wondering why they chasing Burns so much but not Vazquez? What are they scared off? Broner can't cut the ring off?

So Broner's 135 run is gonna consist of DeMarco and Rees? Good stuff.

What about Abril if he beats Bogere?

Comment

Vasquez is so boring, even Mexicans boo him. If Vasquez beats Burns, that means Burns was never that good to begin with. I don't care if Broner moves up to 140 and doesn't fight Vasquez if Vasquez beats Burns. Vasquez is nothing. The real competition is at 140. If Vasquez is any good, he'll move up to 140 and beat some of the top fighters there forcing a showdown with Broner.

Comment

Guess I can scratch Broner-Vazquez

Comment

Working...
                      X